v2010 Library Reference Incomplete?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bfalter

v2010 Library Reference Incomplete?

Post by bfalter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 am

I've been using the TeeChart Pro v2010 VCL Library Reference and User Guide and it seems to be missing important information. For example, I've recently been trying to draw to the canvas in areas associated with custom axes. After considerable searching of the web, forums, and other indirect sources I've managed to piece together incomplete information on relevant things like TChart.ChartRect, TChartAxis.IStartPos, IEndPos, IAxisSize, etc. There is no mention of these properties anywhere that I can find in the published Library Reference, which I would have thought should be the primary reference for these kinds of properties. Further, I've run across tantalizing names of properties which, although listed, contain no additional reference information. (Ex. TChartAxis.PartnerAxis, TChartAxis.UsePartnerAxis) There seem to be a lot of features in TChart VCL that are missing documentation. Is there any other reference available, perhaps an internal specification, that fully documents the TChart components? I'd really appreciate anything you can provide. It is simply too time-consuming to grope around in the dark hoping to stumble across the information I need to get my job done. Many thanks in advance.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: v2010 Library Reference Incomplete?

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 am

Hi bfalter,

I'm afraid not. If I were you I'd search in those forums and the new features demo project, available at TeeChart's program group. Note that demo project sources are also included with the binary installers. Anyway, I'll add your request to the wish-list to be enhanced for next releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum