2010 Pro Installation to Delphi 2006 incomplete

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
steve

2010 Pro Installation to Delphi 2006 incomplete

Post by steve » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Hello,
I have purchased and installed TeeChart2010Delphi2006. It installed fine and asked if I wanted to backup the files it copied over. However, when I start delphi it complains that: 'Cannot load package 'Tee910'. It contains unit 'TeeAbout,' which is also contained in package 'tee100'.

Note that I have also started Delphi, and as I've seen in other Forum posts, removed the standard TeeChart package, then re-installed the 2010 package. However, when I am in Delphi now, it will not let me check the TeeChart Pro 9 Components and gives the same error as above.

Also note that I use Dev Express tools as well as FastReports and I believe they both reference the TeeChart tools.

I tried renaming the tee100 files to _old files, but then it complains from the Dev Express tools. How do I resolve this issue without messing up the other references? I need all to work together.

Thanks,

Steve

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2010 Pro Installation to Delphi 2006 incomplete

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:10 am

Hi Steve,

Most likely your problem is the same as discussed here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

steve

Post by steve » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes, I saw that issue and I did what it said. That enables me to compile correctly. However, I cannot get the design time to work correctly and I still get lots of errors when I start the application including the one above. So, if I click 'Yes' and OK to everything, then I can open the project and compile but I can no longer see the design time components so I can't use any of them. Thus, the Pro version of this software is useless other than fixing the bug that was in the Delphi delivered version.

Note, I've removed the standard version of TeeChart so now it doesn't complain when I start Borland. However, now when I open my projects I get the errors, as described above and I can't do design time because it will not let me check the TeeChart pro components because it says it collides with tee100.

Please help. Thanks,

Steve

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 am

Hello,

I face a similar problem every time I install/upgrade my TChart. I found out that tee100.bpl was present in Windows/System32 and in Lib/Debug directory of my BDS installation folder. Did you search your BDS installation folder for copies of tee100.bpl?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

Hi steve,

I'd recommend you to uncheck the conflictive packages in the packages list until you will be able to open your IDE without errors. Then check TeeChart v2010 package and reopen the IDE. If it open fine, we'll know that the problem is in the other packages, that are still referencing the old Teechart and that will mean you'll have to recompile them with the references to TeeChart updated.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy