Need multiple bottom axes - how please?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bfrost

Need multiple bottom axes - how please?

Post by bfrost » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I have a data table with four fields - say Y,A,B,C
I wish to plot a series showing Y (left axis) against A (bottom axis).
I also would like to show the corresponding points in B and C as two additional bottom axes below the existing bottom axis 'A' (i.e as if I had plotted Y against B, and Y against C).
I can bodge this with additional series, but they dont line up and dont zoom.
In an ideal world I'd like to runtime code two more bottom axes somhow...
What is the best way please?
Thanks Brian.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need multiple bottom axes - how please?

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Brian,

Yes, you should create 3 series. One representing Y/A values, another one for Y/B and the last for Y/C. For further information regarding Database access I'd recommend you to take a look at the Tutorial 8 - Database access.

The first of these three series could use the default axes (left and bottom), the second could use a custom horizontal axis (left and custom0) and the last could use another custom horizontal axis (left and custom1).

The automatic zoom and the events only work by default with the default axes (left, right, top, bottom and depth). So, if you use custom axes, you should zoom manually by code. Here there are some tips you'll need:
- Zooming & Scrolling article
- Custom axes do not zoom. Any solutions? FAQ
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

bfrost

Post by bfrost » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:57 am

In an ideal world though I would like ONE series, I will add a cursor (vertical line only) and I wish to see TWO more horizonal axes so that the user can read off the horizontal value from 3 places (series horz axis, and each of the two custom axes). I see I can do it with 3 series but the axes do not line up exaclty and since I do not want these two series points visible I have problems hiding them without affecting the axes.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Brian,

First of all note that a Series can be associated to a vertical and an horizontal axis, not to several of them. Except with the default axes doing:

Code: Select all

Series1.HorizAxis:=aBothHorizAxis;
  Series1.VertAxis:=aBothVertAxis;
The possibility to assign several horizontal/vertical axes to a series is a request already in the wish-list (TF02010876).

On the other hand, if you could send us a picture showing us how the chart you are trying to draw would look like, it would help us to understand it and we may think on a workaround.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy