TeeChart 8.06 Full Cource Delphi 7 Compilation problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Ulrich

TeeChart 8.06 Full Cource Delphi 7 Compilation problem

Post by Ulrich » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Hello,

I have installed TeeChart 8.06 Full Source for Delphi 7 to avoid the usual trouble with the Quickreport 5 integration when using the installation packages. The TeeRecompile of course does only work partially, as it looks the wrong TeeQr files, but the manual installation of the correct package Tee8QR5D7.dpk for once worked fine.

I can compile a project containig just a Chart or DBChart without problems. But when I try to compile a project containing the ChartEditor component (in unit TeeEdit), I get 55 linker errors as aparently all *.dfm files needed for the editor (TeePenDlg.dfm, TeeGrad.dfm, etc.) are not found. The TeeChart\Compiled\Delphi7\lib and \bin directories are included in the library-Paths and the \Sources in the Search-Path. I have copied all files to the correct location and removed all traces of the TeeChart Standard files. I can only compile the project if I add the \Sources path to the library-paths, but then all TeeChart units will be compiled again, with the *.dcu files stored to the \Sources directory, which leads to a complete mess. Presumably this will be followed by my favourite error, that the versions of the QuickReport link are different and so on. The compilation takes ages as it produces several thousand warnings for the unit GDIPOBJ, so I want to avoid this.

I have not yet tried to install the precompiled TeeChart 8 Pro packages for Delphi 7, as I am certain that the TeeQr recompilation will again require several hours of trial and error until it works.

How can I solve this issue ?

Best regards and thanks for any suggestions.

Ulrich Jantzen

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart 8.06 Full Cource Delphi 7 Compilation problem

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi Ulrich,

You could set your Delphi's output folders to the folders where you already have *.dcus created by TeeRecompile.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum