library path screwed while building other packages

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Fang

library path screwed while building other packages

Post by Fang » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 pm

I don't know if anybody has posted this or not, but I guess it's a very annoying bug.

After installing teeChart into bds2006, the path added to bcc32 is screwed up somehow (might due to the path is too long), it looks like the following,

Error E2075: Incorrect configuration file option: -IC:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Include;C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Include\vcl;C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Include\dinkumware;C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\Indy10;C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.06 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\Lib\..\In麗|C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\bcc32.cfg

Because of this, I can't compile other packages like devexpress and boost; since I don't know where this information is stored (delete all lib path within the IDE, no luck), I have to reinstall the bds2006.

I hope it's get fixed soon or someone let me know where this path is stored. Thanks.

Fang

Fang

Post by Fang » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:46 pm

find out the option file bcc32.cfg, removed the teeChart part, it worked.

I don't know if it's teeChart issue, or boost (or devexpress) script issue.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Fang,

TeeChart search paths shouldn't be that long, their default values should be:

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.06 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\Lib

for the library path and include path should be:

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.06 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\Include

You may try to replace them at Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

digdagdigedag

Re: library path screwed while building other packages

Post by digdagdigedag » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 am

i have the same problem when upgrading my BDS 2006 from TeeChart 7.12 to TeeChart 8.05 !!!
i can not compile DevExpress VCL packages anymore. instead i get the error E2075.

i checked the bcc32.cfg and removed the reference to the old TeeChart version. but whenever, i try to install DevExpress again, i get the same error with the allegedly wrong configuration file option.
i removed all old TeeChart references form the entire registry and from all harddisks but still TeeChart 7.12 is found in the error message.

- where is this old TeeChart reference hidden ??????????????????
- why did the installation procedure of TeeChart 8 not remove the old references ???????

thanks for your help, since re-installing BDS2006 with all those 3rd party components would be a lot of work :(((
uwe

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am

Hi uxe,

Most likely the problem DevExpress packages are still referencing an old TeeChart version as described here.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

digdagdigedag

Post by digdagdigedag » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:52 pm

according to DevExpress, the current version of TeeChart is automatically detected during installation of newer VCL packages and compiled accordingly.
the problem is that the DevExpress installer still seems to find a reference to the path where i kept the old version 7.12 of TeeChart. this is extremely strange since i scanned my entire PC and registry for hours to find and remove any such references.
i also removed the old tee*.bpl files from windows/system
i also went through all settings of BDS2006. there is no more hint about TeeChart 7.12 and of course all components of TeeChart 8.05 are installed properly.
do you have any idea where this reference to the old teechart version can be hidden ?
thanks
uwe

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:38 am

Hi uwe,

First of all you could try checking that new TeeChart version paths are on *top* of the search path list so those are the ones that the IDE gets.

If this doesn't work you could also try uninstalling all TeeChart and DevExpress components versions. Then install DevExpress components, install TeeChart and check that TeeChart's packages are on top of the list too.
Best Regards,
Steema Software