"Other" handling

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
JazzMan

"Other" handling

Post by JazzMan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:48 pm

Two questions having to do with Other:

1) In addition to the values that get automatically grouped into OtherSlice (for example by:

Code: Select all

with PieSeries do begin
  OtherSlice.Style:=poBelowPercent;
  OtherSlice.Value:=10;
end;
can I manually force a slice to be a part of the Other grouping, even if it's above that threshold value? Some users of my application have been asking for that ability for a while. Go figure.

2) Can non-pie charts (e.g., the Vertical Bar series) have an Other-grouping ability? Perhaps I can cheat by using a TPieSeries cast? This one I'm sure is obvious, but I didn't see explicit mention of it either way.

Thanks!!!
richard diamond

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 am

Hi Richard,

1. I'm afraid this is not possible.

2. I don't think this would work as most likely you'd get a type casting error. The only solution I can think of for 1 and 2 is manually grouping values as you wish and add them to one single pie slice or bar.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

JazzMan

Post by JazzMan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Narcis,

Thank you for the suggestion (and the quick reply!).

That's in fact the approach I've been doing all along, manually managing the Other slice(s), both in pie charts and non-pie charts. Although I was hoping to take advantage of the OtherSlice machinery, guess not..

Regards,
richard diamond