Various issues with marks angle

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
tsiipola

Various issues with marks angle

Post by tsiipola » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 am

There seems to be various issues with the marks angle in TeeChart 8.

Issue 1: The marks background box becomes positioned wrongly as soon as the angle is changed to non-zero.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe), open All Features -> Chart styles -> Standard -> Bar. Set the marks angle to something else than zero.

Issue 2: The marks text is not rotated at all with GDI+ canvas.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe),
open All features -> 3D Canvas -> GDI+ Plus Canvas. Set the marks angle to something else than zero.

Issue 3: The marks shadow is messed up with none-zero angles.
Recreation steps the same as in Issue1.

Issue 4. The marks text is not rotated at all when exported to SVG.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe), open All Features -> Chart styles -> Standard -> Bar. Set the marks angle to something else than zero. Export the chart as an SVG file.

Also the text alignment of marks have probably not worked in TeeChart 7's SVG export when the angle has been non-zero. I could not recreate this now with TeeChart 8 because of the other issues (marks text rotation not working at all in SVG). But it would be great if the text alignment functionality could also be checked while fixing the general problems with non-zero chart angles in the SVG export.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 am

Hi tsiipola,

Thanks for reporting.
Issue 1: The marks background box becomes positioned wrongly as soon as the angle is changed to non-zero.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe), open All Features -> Chart styles -> Standard -> Bar. Set the marks angle to something else than zero.
I could reproduce this here and added the defect (TV52013306) to the bug list to be fixed for next releases.
Issue 2: The marks text is not rotated at all with GDI+ canvas.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe),
open All features -> 3D Canvas -> GDI+ Plus Canvas. Set the marks angle to something else than zero.
Marks rotate fine for me here using v8.03 but they are not painted correctly together with their frame so I added the issue (TV52013307) to the bug list too.
Issue 3: The marks shadow is messed up with none-zero angles.
Recreation steps the same as in Issue1.
Yes, this is already a high priority item in the bug list (TV52012963).
Issue 4. The marks text is not rotated at all when exported to SVG.
An example how to reproduce: In Teechart Pro 8 demo (Tee8New.exe), open All Features -> Chart styles -> Standard -> Bar. Set the marks angle to something else than zero. Export the chart as an SVG file.
Could reproduce this one too and added it (TV52013308) to the bug list.
Also the text alignment of marks have probably not worked in TeeChart 7's SVG export when the angle has been non-zero. I could not recreate this now with TeeChart 8 because of the other issues (marks text rotation not working at all in SVG). But it would be great if the text alignment functionality could also be checked while fixing the general problems with non-zero chart angles in the SVG export.
Ok, I've added this comment to TV52013308 to be considered when investigating it.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum