SubChart tool - how to include "DBEditCh" edit-fun

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
cfh

SubChart tool - how to include "DBEditCh" edit-fun

Post by cfh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi,

When editing charts created by the SubChart tool - the editing facilities related to the unit DBEditCh does not appear.

I really want to use a dataset as datasource for my series in the subchart - but it's not possible...

Am I missing something?

Can it be done by recompiling the tchart-source?

Regards
Christian

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Christian,

Have you tried running the chart editor, going to the tools tab, select the subchart tool, select a chart on it and select its chart tab?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

cfh

Post by cfh » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:11 am

I have tried a lot - also specifically what suggest.

When I look in the source code, the TInnerChart is inherited from TChart and as such does not have all the capabilities and features of the TDBChart. At least this is my idea on why you cannot use dataset in subcharts.....

I may be completely wrong - but to me it'strange that when using a TDBChart - the subcharts made using the subchart tools are "TChart"s

This is really a pity for us - because we rely heavily on the DBCharts dataset capabilities. If there is any suggestions, corrections or clarification on this it would be most welcome...

BR
Christian

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Christian,

Yes, you are right. It would be interestnig that SubChart tool could use TDBChart. We will add it to the wish-list to be considered for inclusion in future releases.

Of course you could also try implementing this in your TeeChart sources. Anyway, I wonder if this wasn't implemented because of any other issue.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

cfh

Post by cfh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:46 am

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to inherit TInnerChart = Class(TDBChart). And I think you are right there is a good reason why that hasn't been implemented yet. It gives serious problems with package dependencies... So thats a nogo I would say.

Good to hear that you are adding it to the wishlist - It is on top of my personal wish list for the next cool version of TChart.

Regards
Christian