serieslist object usage

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
davids

serieslist object usage

Post by davids » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:36 pm

The following classes are defined in unit TeEngine:

TChartSeriesList
TSeriesGroups
TSeriesGroup
TCustomSeriesList
TChartSeries

I can create a TChartSeriesList and calling AddGroup creates a new TSeriesGroup. However, the FOwner and FGroups members of the TSeriesGroup are not initialized, and Add(TChartSeries) generates a GPF because it calls FGroups.Add. There are no methods to initialize either of these members, and it looks like the only place they're initialized in the code is within TCustomAxisPanel.Create. This seems really strange -- as if these classes are not meant to be used.

I've got a situation where I need to create lists of groups of data that need to be reorganized and displayed in a chart. It would be nice to be able to use objects created from these classes without having to define new classes or derive customized classes from them.

Is this a deliberate design decision (to restrict the use of some of these classes by not providing a way to initialize private data members outside their containing unit), or an oversight, or ... ?

-David

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:35 am

Hi.

See David's reply at private newsgroups.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

davids

Post by davids » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:31 pm

yup, I saw it already. Thanks. :)