TeeRecompile using non-tee units

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Michael

TeeRecompile using non-tee units

Post by Michael » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 am

Hi,
I would like to modify the behavior of how TChart draw axis labels. In order to that I want to modify the unit TeEngine.pas and in that unit I want to call a unit I written myself (MyUnit.pas). However, I cannot get TeeRecompile to to find this unit. If I place MyUnit.pas in the Tee source folder, TeeRecompile DELETES the unit and then comes up with an error message of not finding it. I've tried to put MyUnit.dcu in $(BDS)\lib but that did not make TeeRecompile find it either. I guess that TeeRecompile calls the command line compiler but how can I make it use the right parameters?

I've tried to install TeePro8 through the Delphi (2007 pro) IDE but that does not work either. (I get errors about entry points missing and not finding dclado100.bpl etc.)

By the way, the Install.txt file that comes with the source code needs updating. It does not even mention Delphi 2007!

Help please,
Michael

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 am

Hi Michael,

I tried adding a new unit (*.pas and *.dfm files) in TeeChart's source code folder. I included this unit in the uses section of TeEngine.pas and ran TeeRecompile. It compiled the sources correctly, didn't remove unit's files and generated corresponding *.dcu and *.dfm in TeeChart's sources compiled folder. Could you please try if the same process works fine for you?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Narcis,

Mea culpa! I meant using the compiled unit, MyUnit.dcu. When I put MyUnit.dcu in the source folder (or any other folder I could think of) I got:

Cannot recompile Delphi package: Tee811.dpk
CodeGear Delphi for Win32 compiler version 18.5
Copyright (c) 1983,2007 CodeGear

TeEngine.pas(36) Fatal: F1026 File not found: 'MyUnit.dcu'
EXCEPTION:
Compilation aborted.
--------------------------------------------

and MyUnit.dcu was removed from the source folder. When I tried using MyUnit.pas in the source folder, it worked as you said! Is there a folder/setting I can use for compiling with MyUnit.dcu?

Best regards,
Michael

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 am

Hi Michael,

If you want to use a dcu generated externally you will have to copy it to delphi's lib folder. I've tried it here and it worked for me.
The problem is that TeeRecompile deletes everything in the "compiled" folder in order to avoid conflicts and that's why he can't find the dcus placed there. But TeeRecompile should find the dcus from delphi's lib folder.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Michael

Post by Michael » Sun May 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Michael