delphi5, teechart5 pro VCL, quickreport4 pro VCL

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ullwen

delphi5, teechart5 pro VCL, quickreport4 pro VCL

Post by ullwen » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:33 pm

I use delphi 5.
I have installed quickreport 4 pro and teechart pro 5 VCL. Manually recompiled QRChart as told in a doc. When i try to add the new DclTQR55.bpl I got this message "Cannot load package 'qrpt50'. it contains unit 'qrexpred,' whitch is also contained in package qr4rund5. What can i do to get around ?[/b]

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:48 pm

Hi.

The install instructions included with TeeChart distribution are written for Quick Report 3. If you're using Quick Report v4, the same rules apply, but with two additional things:

1) In QR v4 package names have changed. So, the Quick Report runtime package has been changed from qrpt50.bpl to QR4RunD5.bpl. This means you have to remove the reference to old Quick Report package and replace it with new version.
2) Set the TQRChart runtime and design time package rebuilt option to "Rebuild as needed".

Here are the step-by-step instructions how to recompile/reinstall TQChart component packages (TeeChart v5, Quick Report v4.03, Delphi 5). The same rules, but with different package names can be used for Teechart v6-v7 and other Delphi versions:

1) Go to the "Component->Install packages" and remove the DclTQR55.bpl package from the list (the "Remove" button).

2) Close Delphi 5.

3 (Very important!!). Search all directories in "Delphi search path" list and remove all old TQRChart component files. This is crucial if you want to recompile TQRChart component successfully. Basically, locate and delete teeqr55.dcp, DclTQR55.dcp, TeeQr.dcu, DclTQR.dcu, qrtee.dcu, qrteereg.dcu, TeeQR.res TeeQR55.bpl and DclTQR55.bpl files. Then and only after you're 100% sure you removed all old TQRChart files, proceed with next steps.

4) Open Delphi 5.

5) Next, close all projects. Then go to the "File->Open project" menu and pick the the TeeQR55.dpk package.

6) For Quick Report 4, you'll have to remove the reference to old Quick Report v3 package and replace it with new runtime package. For Delphi 5, you should remove the qrpt50.dcp (or similar, depending which QR version you previously used) file and replace it with QR4RunD5.dcp package. Also, set the package build option to "Rebuild as needed".

7) Now click the "Compile" button. The package should compile fine. If you receive errors, see "TroubleShooting" below.

8) Open ("File->Open project" menu) the DclTQR55.dpk package.

9) Now click the "Compile" button. The package should compile fine. If you receive errors, see "TroubleShooting" below.

10) Copy the compiled packages (most probably they were compiled to Delphi5\Projects\BPL directory):

- TeeQR55.bpl to Windows\System (or WinNT\System32) directory
- DclTQR55.bpl to Delphi5\Bin directory
- TeeQR55.dcp to Delphi5\Lib directory
- DclTQR55.dcp to Delphi5\Lib directory
- QRTeeReg.dcu, QRTee.dcu to Delphi5\Lib directory
- all *.res files to Delphi5\Lib directory

11) Go to the "Component->Install packages" press the "Add" button and pick the DclTQR55.bpl package (located in Delphi5\Bin directory - if you followed previous steps. This should install the QRChart component at QReport component palette.

12) Remember to check the "Project->Options->Packages" dialog. The new package name should be listed at the bottom edit-box.

13) IMPORTANT: Don't forget to copy all newly recompiled *.dcu files (from the directory where you keep the files TeeQR55.dpk and DclTQR55.dpk) to Delphi5\Lib directory.

TroubleShooting:
-------------------

(missing files) When Delphi compiles this package, they try to find the TeeChart Pro 5 and QuickReport units, either in source code (*.pas) or compiled (*.dcu, *.obj, *.lib and *.bpi) format.

(wrong path) Check you have the correct paths to all units at "Environment -> Options" dialogs.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

FritsM

TeeChart7 with QR4

Post by FritsM » Mon May 31, 2004 10:59 am

Hi I followed the install instructions for TeeChart 7 pro component for QR4 pro. But on the end at point 11 I got the message "Cannot load package Tee70. it contains unit 'TeeAbout' which is also containt in package Tee77"

What an I do about this and what have I done wrong. :(

regards Frits

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon May 31, 2004 11:29 am

Hi.

You're using Teechart v5 and Delphi 5 ? Two things you should be careful about :
1) make sure TQRChart component packages reference correct Teechart packages (for TC5 and Delphi 5 these are Tee55, for TC7 and Delphi 5, these are Tee57, ...)
2) before compiling/installing TQRChart component packages, be 100% sure you removed all old TQRChart component files and also that you uninstalled/removed all packages which reference old TeeChart packages (Tee50, Tee70, ...).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com