Graph Stretching with Wide Screen Monitors

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gerard

Graph Stretching with Wide Screen Monitors

Post by Gerard » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:19 am

G'day,

I'm using TeeChart Pro 6.01 and have a graph set with Algin = alClient.

For standard monitor sizes, it works fine - TeeChart automatically resizes the graph appropriately depending on the size of the parent window.

However, on wide screen monitors the graph is horizontally stretched (e.g. for a resolution of 1280 x 768).

What can I do to prevent the graph being stretched? It's a circular graph, so horizontal stretching makes it really ugly.

Thanks,

~ G.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Gerard,

If you are using Pie Series, have you tried to use circled property?

Code: Select all

Series1.Circled := true;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Gerard,

For completeness, there's also a known issue (TV52011987) which on certain resolutions in wide screens, even Circled=true, pie charts are displayed as an ellipse. This is already on our defect list to be enhanced for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:21 pm

narcis wrote:Hi Gerard,

For completeness, there's also a known issue (TV52011987) which on certain resolutions in wide screens, even Circled=true, pie charts are displayed as an ellipse. This is already on our defect list to be enhanced for future releases.
Okey. Thanks for the reply.

L-3 Communication Nautronix

Post by L-3 Communication Nautronix » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 am

I have a similar issue with 7:08 where a circular plot appears as an oval when printed from a widescreen.

What is the status of TV52011987?

Is there an easy way to find out the status of various logged issues?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 am

Hi,

I've tested it with the last source code for v7 and I couldn't reproduce it here in a 1680x1050 screen. Could you please try downloading the latest sources available?
L-3 Communication Nautronix wrote:Is there an easy way to find out the status of various logged issues?
In general, the easiest way to see new release announcements and what's fixed on them is being aware at this forum or subscribe to our RSS news feed.
Also note that sometimes we fix a bug and the change affects to other issues, fixing other old bugs or opening new ones without intention. So at the end, I'm afraid that the best way to be sure if one fix is fixed or not, is testing it.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

L-3 Rick

Re: Graph Stretching with Wide Screen Monitors

Post by L-3 Rick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:20 am

Hi Yeray,
I've tested it with the last source code for v7 and I couldn't reproduce it here in a 1680x1050 screen
To clarify, the issue is not quite the same as the one at the top of the thread. In our case, we have a chart which looks correct on screens at any resolution. However, when printed from a widescreen monitor, the chart is stretched on paper. This stretching effect is actually also visible using a widescreen resolution on the Print Preview function, which uses the TChartPreviewer component.

(NOTE: We have not tried mixing resolutions on a dual screen configuration)

We tried v7.12, and this did not seem to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Rick,

Yes, excuse me. I've tested again and a pie that looks fine in the wide screen mentioned becomes an oval when printed. I've increased the priority of this issue.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

L-3 Rick

Post by L-3 Rick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 am

Thanks Yeray!

Please let me know if this issue is already fixed in version 8.

L-3 Rick

Post by L-3 Rick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 am

By the way, there seems to be another print issue... (we have not investigated this one fully yet, so it may be on our end).

If you draw a sawtooth pattern line plot, zoom in on a single point and print the zoom, the printed copy will not contain the line before the point. This, again, is visible on the preview component.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Rick,
L-3 Rick wrote:Please let me know if this issue is already fixed in version 8.
Note that we don't fix bugs on v7 as we don't expect to launch another maintenance release because we are centering our efforts on improving and bug fixing v8 (that was released two years ago) and developing the v9. So, when I said that I've incremented the priority issue, I was talking about v8 and/or greater. Excuse me if I haven't been enough clear.
L-3 Rick wrote:If you draw a sawtooth pattern line plot, zoom in on a single point and print the zoom, the printed copy will not contain the line before the point
I couldn't reproduce this in v7 (and neither in v8). Could you please send us a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?
L-3 Rick wrote:This, again, is visible on the preview component.
Oh, I forgot to say that I couldn't reproduce this with the oval issue and neither now with the line. Note that I've tested this last line issue with a non-wide screen machine, should I?

PS: I think that we are talking about quite different issues in the same forum thread...
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

L-3 Rick

Post by L-3 Rick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 am

Yeray wrote: PS: I think that we are talking about quite different issues in the same forum thread...
We are, but the title does still apply! (Ill make a separate thread for the line issue, though)
Yeray wrote: Note that we don't fix bugs on v7...
Perfectly understandable. I've increase the priority of our "upgrade TeeChart" issue as well :) We are currently compiling support releases against 7.08 (for baseline management reasons) so we are a bit out of date.
Yeray wrote:
L-3 Rick wrote: This, again, is visible on the preview component.
Oh, I forgot to say that I couldn't reproduce this with the oval issue.
It is possible that the preview component has been fixed since 7.08. I will try to attach screenshots, as a sample project is unlikely to be possible (sorry!).

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Rick,
L-3 Rick wrote:We are, but the title does still apply! (Ill make a separate thread for the line issue, though)
Thank you. I'll continue testing the other issue in a wide screen monitor. I hope you haven't been offended, it's only to have this a little bit more organized and clear.
L-3 Rick wrote:I will try to attach screenshots, as a sample project is unlikely to be possible (sorry!).
Screenshots are useful for us to have an idea of what the customers are viewing (and sometimes what they expect to see) but what really help us to see the heart of a problem, propose a solution or decide that there is a bug, are the code examples and the simple projects. So, excuse my insistence but if we can't see what are you exactly doing, we can't see what's really happening and, of course, we are limited to suggest solutions.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software