Installation of TeeChart Pro v8 VCL fails with error message

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ghorwin

Post by ghorwin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi there,

I downloaded the installer TeeChart8.01RAD2007.exe but when running it I get the following error message dialog:

The procedure entry point SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.

I'm using Windows XP x64 and CodeGear RAD Studio 5.0/C++ Builder 2007.

Which installer should I use to get TeeChart Pro installed?

Andreas

ghorwin

Post by ghorwin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:56 pm

As additional information: I have C++ Builder 2007 with Update 3 installed.

Andreas

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

Hi Andreas,

I could not reproduce your problem.

I've installed C++Builder 2007 (RAD Studio) in a Win2003 x64. In fact, it was installed as a 32 bit program at "Program Files (x86)" folder. Then I updated to update 3. And after a while... I installed TeeChart8.01Delphi2007.exe (not TeeChart8.01RAD2007.exe) successfully.

I don't understand because I found no complication in installation procedure. Should we follow any specific steps to reproduce the problem here? Do you have any other third party tool installed?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ghorwin

Post by ghorwin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:51 pm

The only other third-party tool related to BCB is the LMD tools. But I wouldn't think this is the issue. The error messages occured with either installer, the TeeChart8.01Delphi2007.exe and TeeChart8.01RAD2007.exe. In either case the error message appears when the installer wants to contact the internet.

Interestingly enough, the installer continues when I click the error messages away (I think twice) and installs the product. However, the component/package registration is not complete, also the help is not properly integrated. So in order to use TeeChart I need to manually add include/link directories in each new project. That makes me believe that the installation wasn't completed as planned.

Anyway, thanks for testing it. If I find this problem on another machine and can find a way to reproduce it, I'll let you know.

Andreas

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:42 am

Hi Andreas,

Your problem could be that the installer needs to register and activate your TeeChart version to complete the installation. By default the activation is done via internet and it will fail if you don't have internet connection or a firewall blocks the installer acces to the internet. Anyway, you can write an e-mail (sales@steema.com) or call our Sales Dept. providing the key the installer generated to register the product manually if the installer fails to conect to the internet and prompts you to do so.

Regarding to the help, it is not integrated due to some known problems with RAD Studio, but it should be included in your doc installation folder.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy