Design time bugs in 8.01 using Delphi 2006

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gainco

Design time bugs in 8.01 using Delphi 2006

Post by Gainco » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:56 pm

Place a TeeChart on a form. Add a Gantt Series. Add the GanttTool. Close project and re-open.
On two different computers and two different programmers, we see the "Cannot find TGanttTool" message.

If you go to your PAS and attempt to open TeeGanttTool, you will then receive an Error Creating form: Ancestor for 'TeeToolSeriesEdit not found'.

You will be able to get past that error but it is unnerving.

I went into the examples and found one using Gantt tool. It worked! But then I examined the source and discovered that the TGanttTool was being created in code, along with the comment:
// Initialize Gantt Tool programatically (can be done at design-time too)
Hmmmmmmm...

We created the tool in code and that corrected the Gantt tool problem but now I only have to deal with another problem.

If I exit Delphi and re-open and then re-open my project, I see the chart but it is no longer an inter-active chart. If I right-click on the chart, I only see the standard Delphi menu. No edit chart, About TeeChart, etc. Somehow, it has become disconnnected from it property editor.

Strangely I discovered an unacceptable work-around. While trying to understand what was happening, I opened the TeeChart Pro 8 example.

After doing a little touring, I returned to my project. But now the TeeChart on the form acted like a design time TeeChart.

As stated ealier, this is happening in two different set-ups.

What do you suggest?
Larry

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 am

Hi Larry,

Are you using v8.01 from September 2007? I'm not able to reproduce the problem here.

If the problem persists could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Gainco

Post by Gainco » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm

I am using TeeChart 8.01.10798 Win32. Example on the way.

Gainco

Uploads sent

Post by Gainco » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:10 pm

I sent an example and a text file of my search anf browse paths.

I also sent a small video of the phenomena described. It is very poor quality due to the limitation of your upload size. You will still see when opening the project that the TeeChart menu items are missing and when I then open the Tee8New_2007 project, close it and return to my project, I then have the TeeChart menu.

Thanks

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi Gainco,

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem here. Would you mind posting a higher resolution video as current one is unreadable? You shouldn't have problems posting bigger files at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Gainco

The zip file is 11.2 MB

Post by Gainco » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Server Error in '/upload' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum request length exceeded.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.]
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +3315874
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +56
System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +244
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +65
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +57
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +2070529
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +63
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +133

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:01 am

Hi Gainco,

Thanks for the information. It's strange as I can post files bigger than 1 MB and some clients posted bigger files as well. Anyway, I'll try investigating this issue. In the meantime, could you please send the file to info at steema dot com and tell the e-mail is related to this forum thread?

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Gainco

Post by Gainco » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:21 pm

It's not 1 MB. It is 11.3 MB. I have e-mailed the video but it is still struggling to clear my outbox.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:52 am

Hi Gainco,

Thanks for sending us the video. The problem is very strange, the only think we can think of is that the IDE is still using old TeeChart references. We recommend you to try uninstalling TeeChart, remove all old files from your machine and install again and create a new application using TeeChart to see if the problem persists.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software