QuickReport407PD2007 and TeeChart7.11Delphi2007 integration

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:57 pm

You keep saying that you can not test every combination and I fully understand that Therefore when we have a problem with a different configuration, both you and us would all learn something if we were given suggestions as to how to go about finding out what the problem is, rather than 'that did not happen to us' or 'its a search path problem' or some such generic comment.

If my memory serves me correctly, right at the start you said you would use exactly the same versions as me and use those instructions as a basis for producing generic instructions.

However you failed to do that for both TeeChart and now it seems QuickReport as well, right from the begining. Perhaps that is why you did not experience the same problems?

As I have said repeatedly, I have always installed everything in the default directories, so if you used the same versions as me and the same defaults then we should both experience the same problems, shouldn't we?

FritsM

Post by FritsM » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi Yeray

I followed your instructions for getting QR4.07 TeeChart7.12 and BDS2006 working together.
I assume that at point 15 and 19 at the Options 'Rebuild as Needed' should be selected.
Why do you use 'Build' and not 'compile' here?
At point 21, adding the component, I could select the DclTee7QR4D10.bpl but when opening I got an errormessage that the DclTeepro710.bpl file could not been found. resulting in not being able to add the TQRComponent.
(I did add the searchpath C:/program files/Steema.../Delphi10/bin)

Do you have an other suggestion to solve this?

FritsM

Post by FritsM » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi Yeray

I copied the DclTeepro710.bpl file to the BDS/Bin directory and now I could add the component TQRChart.
testing on a form was succesfull.

thanks and best regards
Frits

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 am

Hi KymaNorway,
- at step 6, we failed to make a QuickReport on a form, saying that some dcu files were missing. So we added "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep" as a default search path.
Step added: Ensure that the search path "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep" is on your Search path at Project->Default Options->Delphi for Win32->Directories/Conditionals and if it's not present, add it.

I think that the installer of QuickReport made it for me. But in any case, this path has to be at you search path. So at this point I assume that you've tested QuickReport and it works well.
- at step 7 we got an installation error. Some file was missing.
Could you please tell us the exactly error message you have in your TeeChart installation? Maybe you haven't unistalled correctly an older teechart version.

Step added: After unistalling (steps 1 and 2), I suggest you to do a search at your TeeChart path, your BDS path and even to your system32 path. Search for the strings "tee" and then "qr" and remove/backup the files you find from previous installations.
- we skipped step 9 and half step 10 as we are not going to use the c-compiler.
- at step 12 we made a "compiled" folder instead of "compiledd", assumed this to be a typo.
I've created a folder named compiledd because there are two versions of QuickReport for BDS 2006, one for Delphi and another one for c++ Builder so I have to think in the possibility to compile TQR for both cases.

Otherwise, once TeeChart is installed, if you don't add the search path for C++Builder (step 9), you'll have an error message when opening BDS 2006 and the TeeChart package won't be available for C++Builder..
- at step 14 we got an error message saying "
Another file with the same base name (C:\Program Files\Borland\bds\4.0\bin\QR4RunD2006.dcp) is already on the search path.
At this point you should only have the "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep" path on your search path. Please, ensure that it's correct.

Your following comments seem to indicate referencing errors probably caused by bad search paths too. Verify them, please.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Frits,

First of all, I'm glad to read that finally it works fine for you.
I assume that at point 15 and 19 at the Options 'Rebuild as Needed' should be selected.
I didn't change anything else than the explained in the instructions. So for me it's still marked as "Explicit rebuild".

Code: Select all

Why do you use 'Build' and not 'compile' here?
The "build" instruction is more complete than the "compile" one. And in this case we need to create some files that just compiling wouldn't be created.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:05 am

My except error message when installing TeeChart was:
TeeChart Installation
VERSION: 7
D2006.Win32 v10 (update 2, HotFix: 9) (BDS v4 Enterprise) (C++)
EXCEPTION:
Invalid filename
--------------------------------------------
The "Installing" program was installing the file:
C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\TeeInstall.exe
I tried to press the button "View with Notepad", given by the installation program, which gave me the error message:
---------------------------
Teeins~1
Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Log.txt". The system cannot find the path specified.
OK
When closing the popped up window the Installation finished saying that the installation was successfull.

If in any interest, I can send you the install.log file. Btw, my searchpaths are exactly as you told me to put them, with nothing else than what you've told me to insert.

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:26 am

Now I've somehow managed to get it to work on both stationary and laptop computer for new projects. I still have problems on both computers with old projects.

For those out there having the same problems I've had... For me it helped to put all the bpl files in one directory: "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin". And making sure that the component->Install packages referes to the bpl files in this folder.

Btw. I think the problem may be with having the TeeChart+QuickReport+EDocEngine installed at the same time. I've seen on this forum other people having problems with that.

Is TeeChart ever tested with Gnostic's EDocEngine? If not, Steema should. As many people use this combination. I know it worked for older versions. Maybe Gnostice, TeeChart and QuickReport could make an installation instruction. As it is a mess to install without any instructions.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:52 am

Hi KymaNorway,

It seems to me that your old projects still have invalid or cross-version references in their Search Path list. Could you please check that?

Regarding EDocEngine, could you please post the link to the threads about this?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 am

Hello Gertrude,
Gertrude wrote:You keep saying that you can not test every combination and I fully understand that Therefore when we have a problem with a different configuration, both you and us would all learn something if we were given suggestions as to how to go about finding out what the problem is, rather than 'that did not happen to us' or 'its a search path problem' or some such generic comment.

If my memory serves me correctly, right at the start you said you would use exactly the same versions as me and use those instructions as a basis for producing generic instructions.

However you failed to do that for both TeeChart and now it seems QuickReport as well, right from the begining. Perhaps that is why you did not experience the same problems?

As I have said repeatedly, I have always installed everything in the default directories, so if you used the same versions as me and the same defaults then we should both experience the same problems, shouldn't we?
The version Yeray used for the tests was almost identical to yours. The only differences are that he used TeeChart v7.12 instead of v7.11 and Windows 2003 Server instead of Windows XP. The TeeChart version difference shouldn't be a problem for that as nothing has changed on that aspect. However, I can not elaborate on the file system, permissions and security differences between Windows XP and Windows 2003 server.

I consider that the instructions Yeray posted are rather accurate. It would be much easier for us to help you if you let us know when you have some problem following them, tell us about the exact problem and possible error messages. Hopefully, doing this step by step we can end in a successful installation.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

KymaNorway

Gnostice

Post by KymaNorway » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 am

Here's some links with others haveing problems with TeeChart + Gnostice

This guy is worried if he will manage to install gnostice products together with TeeChart:
A general installation question says it is hard to install and get to work together, I totally agree with this:
When it comes to the search paths; in my old project I tried removing the original search paths and replace them with the exact same search paths which you give in the installation instructions (except that I used 'compiled' instead of 'compiledd'). I still get the same error about "QRTee was compiled with a different version". I am changing the 'search path' in 'Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Search Path'. Please confirm that this is what you meant.

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:26 am

I have now found the solution to my problem. I will post it here in case someone else get the same problem.

First the problem:
When creating a new project with a Quickreport and a QRChart, everything worked fine. But, when opening an existent project which had a QRChart, I got a message about Qrtee was compiled with a different version...

The solution:
I tried removing the search paths, changing settings, but I still kept getting the same error. I decided to make a new project and include all the files from the old project, and now everything works just fine. I guess there has been a hidden reference to some QR file which I couldnt find.

Conclusion:
Make a new project.

thanks for your support Teechart team =)

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:30 am

Hi KymaNorway,

We are happy to see that you solved your problem.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software