Tee7B6.lib issue

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
nowum

Tee7B6.lib issue

Post by nowum » Mon May 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi you guys, I've had just adquired the teechart pro product and i'm having lots of problems, I hope you can help me:
1) I install it first on my office pc, where i have my BDS2006 and it didn't work automatically. Even when the program was installed in the Components->install packages was only present the 4.04 version included. So after a while i just added all the files manually, and added every one of the paths to the project! Finally it worked, but it is not supposed to be this complicated...
As a suggestion: the installation should leave the package fully opperational :S

2)I have installed the teechart pro 7.08 on my borland 6 version and is really having a bug:
if i open a new project, put a tchart add a series and run it, it will show the plot frames but not the random content of the series; If i add a text on the random data, then it will show the random data when runned... but, if i save the project and try tu run it again will give an error like: link error, cannot read Tee7B6.lib... i have not been able to run a single chart in B6 c++.. any suggestions? I uninstall it completely, reinstal the 4.04 version of teechart... it worked, then installed standard 7.07 version, and had same problem... so i reinstalled 7.08 version again.. but still have same bug :(...
thanks in advance...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon May 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi nowum,
As a suggestion: the installation should leave the package fully opperational :S

Normally it does, unfortunatelly something wrong at your end.
2)I have installed the teechart pro 7.08 on my borland 6 version and is really having a bug:
if i open a new project, put a tchart add a series and run it, it will show the plot frames but not the random content of the series; If i add a text on the random data, then it will show the random data when runned... but, if i save the project and try tu run it again will give an error like: link error, cannot read Tee7B6.lib... i have not been able to run a single chart in B6 c++.. any suggestions? I uninstall it completely, reinstal the 4.04 version of teechart... it worked, then installed standard 7.07 version, and had same problem... so i reinstalled 7.08 version again.. but still have same bug
Initially the random data is just for design purposes. If you want data to be added to the series select manual mode at DataSource tab and series will be populated with data generated by the random mode.

If it doesn't solve your problem don't hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

nowum

old version

Post by nowum » Mon May 21, 2007 2:37 pm

1)In the B6: The problem is that: even with code generated data, is not shown in the plot; unless i state some data in the text column inside the data tab when u select the series. when i do this, then it shows the plot...

2)In the B6: A second problem is that when i save the project file, the linking problems appear... if i have not save them , they work and compile and link :S ...

3)Since I have not been able to use the B6, I was trying to use the BDS2006:
And i got a new problem: I've been working for 6 months in a calculation program that has at least 25 Tchart objects from the old version, I try to run the project but it doesn't.. How can i use my old tchart definitions without changing them? It seems that i cannot use my old teecharts with the new version...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi nowum,

Please find below the answers to your questions:

1 and 2. Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

3. Which error message/s do you get?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

nowum

Post by nowum » Tue May 22, 2007 8:05 am

ok, I uploaded "Teechart prob.ppt" with the detailed sequence of the problems 1 and 2 in the upload page.
Thanks again,
Federico

nowum

Post by nowum » Tue May 22, 2007 9:10 am

for prob 3 Not all series and charts have problems... but some series have this error:
"Fehler beim lesen von Series33->Marks.Callout.Brush.Color: Eigeschaft Callout existiert nicht"
what means in :
"Failure while reading Series33->Marks.Callout.Brush.Color: proprety does not exist"
Also some charts show error:
"Fehler beim lesen von Chart19->PrintMargin: Eigeschaft Callout existiert nicht"
Mainly is the same error... seems that not all the properties are not read in new format..
I deleted the chart and remake it, and it worked, but i cannot delete the series and create another series: the new series has the same problem :(

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Federico,

Thanks for the file. Please find below the answers to your questions:

1. As you said in the presentation, it also worked fine for me here. However, you don't need to call TChart's Refresh method after populating series:

Code: Select all

void __fastcall TForm1::Button1Click(TObject *Sender)
{
  int iii;
  double x,y;
  Series1->Clear();
  for(iii=0;iii<50;iii++)
  {
    x=iii+0.0;
    y=x/10+5.6;
    Series1->AddXY(x,y,"",clBlack);
  }
}
2. This is most likely that your BCB6 is not pointing to TeeChart's Include and Lib paths at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Include path and Library path respectively. Please check that mentioned folders are on TOP of their respective lists, enable left-bottom Default checkbox and press OK.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

nowum

Post by nowum » Tue May 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi again :) ...
It seems the linking problem was solved in when i included the linking paths in BCB6...
but problem 1 is persisting, not with a linear chart but with surfaces...
I did the same procedure as before, but using a 3D surface series, and is not plotting... :S

here is the code I used for an example:

void __fastcall TForm1::Button2Click(TObject *Sender)
{
int iii,jjj;
double xxx,yyy,zzz;
Series2->Clear();
for(iii=0;iii<50 ;iii++ )
  {
  xxx=iii;
  for(jjj=0;jjj<20 ;jjj++)
    {
    yyy=jjj;
    zzz=yyy/10+xxx*2-5.8;
    Series2->AddXYZ(xxx,yyy,zzz);
    }
  }
}
any clues??
(ill upload the project example by the name teechartprojtest.zip)

Thanx again...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 22, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi nowum,

I guess you should swap yyy and zzz variables when populating the surface.

Please read this topic where I explained how this kind of series work.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 23, 2007 8:46 am

Hi nowum,

As a follow up to my previous reply, I looked at the project you sent and I can confirm that you need to swap the variables I told you. Populating surface series like the code snippet below works fine here.

void __fastcall TForm1::Button2Click(TObject *Sender)
{
  int iii,jjj;
  double xxx,yyy,zzz;
  Series2->Clear();
  for(iii=0;iii<50 ;iii++ )
    {
    xxx=iii;
    for(jjj=0;jjj<20 ;jjj++)
      {
      yyy=jjj;
      zzz=yyy/10+xxx*2-5.8;
      Series2->AddXYZ(xxx,zzz,yyy);