Question on CustomDraw

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
nitin

Question on CustomDraw

Post by nitin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:51 am

Hello!

I have a chart with custom drawn bottomaxes and I have a couple of questions:

1) If I allow vertical scrolling the series will scroll but I don't know how to scroll the custom drawn axes.

2) The marks in my series will sometime overlap the custom drawn axes but because I draw the axes in OnAfterDraw event the axes will be overwriting the marks. How can I make the marks stay above the axes?

In the same chart I have several custom vertical axes but since the horizontal axis should be the same for all the series I use CustomDraw for this.

Regards,
Erik

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:44 am

Hi guzial,
1) If I allow vertical scrolling the series will scroll but I don't know how to scroll the custom drawn axes.
You could use axes SetMinMax method to scroll them.
2) The marks in my series will sometime overlap the custom drawn axes but because I draw the axes in OnAfterDraw event the axes will be overwriting the marks. How can I make the marks stay above the axes?
Maybe you can try drawing them in earlier events like OnBeforeDraw, OnBeforeDrawAxes, OnBeforeDrawSeries, etc.
In the same chart I have several custom vertical axes but since the horizontal axis should be the same for all the series I use CustomDraw for this.
Why don't you use the default horizontal axis then? For more information on using axes please read Tutorial 4 - Axis Control. You'll also find some examples at the new features demo. Demo and tutorials can be found at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum