Quick Report Installation

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Chris Brind

Quick Report Installation

Post by Chris Brind » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi,

I've been round the forums to check for this already and have followed a couple of procedures but to no avail. Basically, I'm getting this message when trying to install TeeChart Pro 7.07 :

Cannot load package 'qrpt70.' It contains unit 'QREnvEd,'which is also contained in package 'QR4RunD7'

I've followed the below guide and still get the same problem :

http://www.teechart.net/reference/modul ... cle&sid=13

I've also checked in the Package list to see if there are any left over packages but they're aren't. + AFAIK QR doesn't come with Delphi 7 so this was installed independently.

I am using Delphi 7 and Quick reports 4.06. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:23 am

Hi Chris,

qrpt70 package means that Quick Report version shipped with Delphi 7 is trying to load. You should check at package list, at Project\Options\Packages, that QR standard packages are not enabled.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Chris Brind

Post by Chris Brind » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 am

Hiya,

Many thanks for the reply.

I checked in the Package list and saw that "QuickReport4 Components" is installed. I then unticked it to disable it, shut down Delphi and started it up again, then tried to add the DclTQR77.bpl file from the Delphi/Projects/Bpl folder. And then got exactly the same error message...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Chris,

I think the problem is you still having old TQRChart files in your disk. Delete all TQRChart component files from ALL Delphi 7 Search path directories (this includes Delphi7\Lib\, Delphi7\Bin\, Windows \System32\ and TeeChart v7 \Delphi7\Lib\ directories). How do you know which files are TQRChart files ? Well, it relatively simple. Go to TeeChart v7\Delphi7\QuickReport\ directory and make a list of all files (ignore the
extensions). Then search all Delphi 7 "Search path" directories and remove all files which have the same name. Then and only when you've made sure there are no other TQRChart component files (of course, except in TeeChart Delphi7\QuickReport\ directory), proceed with compile&install procedure. This is crucial if you want to recompile TQRChart component successfully.

Also, make sure you have change the reference from Qrpt70 (old Quick Report runtime package) to new QR4RunD7 package.