Mouse and axis movements not coordinated while panning

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ibauer

Mouse and axis movements not coordinated while panning

Post by ibauer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi!

I'm not sure whether it's a TeeChart bug or that I am doing something wrong, but every time I try to pan the chart with mouse, one or more chart axes scrolls somehow faster compared to the mouse cursor movement (in almost every direction), which looks like the data series are trying to run away from the mouse cursor. I can easily reproduce this weird behavior with the latest TeeChart Pro VCL 7.08 as well as with older versions (including the TeeChart editions built-in to the Delphi IDEs). Actually I didn't bother to find a solution for this before until some of our customers reported this behavior to me as if it was a bug in our software (which of course could be, but the obvious suspect is TeeChart in this case).

Could anyone from Steema confirm/reject that this is a TeeChart-related issue rather than my own and if so, is there any chance that this weird behavior gets fixed for the official release of forthcoming TeeChart 8?

Thanks!
Ivo Bauer [OZM Research]

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:35 am

Hi Ivo,

Yes, thsi is a known issue, this happens only when scrolling to the left. We will try to fix this issue for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ibauer

Post by ibauer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi, Narcís!
narcis wrote:Yes, thsi is a known issue, this happens only when scrolling to the left.
I've just tested it in my sample application compiled against the latest TeeChart Pro 7.08 under BDS2006/Update 2/Hotfix rollup and I can reproduce this issue by panning with mouse in these directions:

- top/right
- top/left
- bottom/left

In the bottom/right direction the issue did not manifest itself.
narcis wrote:We will try to fix this issue for future releases.
I'm sorry but this sounds a bit vague. Could you be please more specific? Since it is a known issue that has been there since TeeChart v5 (the oldest version I tested), is there any chance to get it fixed in the upcoming TeeChart v8 that is scheduled for release at the end of this year (i.e. within approx. 2 months)?

Thanks!
Ivo Bauer [OZM Research]

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for the information. I could reproduce this as well.

I've updated this entry in our bug-list as a high-priority item. However I can't commit a date when this will be fixed.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ibauer

Post by ibauer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:44 pm

I'm glad you can reproduce the issue and appreciate your effort!

Thanks!
Ivo Bauer [OZM Research]