installation teechart 7.08 delphi2006

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dr.vodca

installation teechart 7.08 delphi2006

Post by dr.vodca » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:03 pm

teechart 7.08 does not install properly on delphi2006.
I have read the topic: http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtopic.php?t=4239, but there seems to be some contradictions.
For one, I get the same error message "Cannot load package 'Tee710.' It contains unit 'TeeAbout,'which is also contained in package 'tee100'". The answer was given: "During the installation process, didn't you choose to remove TeeChart standard version".

a) During setup with my installation package, no option is given to remove the standard version - it only asks if standard components should be backed-up!
b) The statement: "At the error message prompt you get you should click no as dcltee100.bpl is the standard version package" - is not clear to me as I want to use teechart 7 and not the standard version.
c) Also, I cannot "solve this at Project\Options\Packages disabling TeeChart standard packages and enabling TeeChart Pro v7 packages" because I still get the error "Cannot load package 'Tee710.' It contains unit 'TeeAbout', which is also contained in package 'tee100'".

Could you please provide me with more detailed installation instructions ?

Ps: I also tried to remove the package "teechart standard" from Delphi "Component --> Installed Packages" before installing TeeChart7.

tbonejo

Post by tbonejo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:09 pm

You may have to press "Yes" a couple of times upon loading and it will eventually clear itself. It may not be the proper way to do it, but it has worked for me nonetheless.

HTH,

Tom
Tom

dr.vodca

Post by dr.vodca » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:40 pm

Thank you for your answer. But to solve the problem I had to do a clean install of delphi.

Cheers

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:27 am

Hi dr.vodca,

Reinstalling Delphi was not necessary to solve this problem. Please read this message for the solution to the problem.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

dr.vodca

Post by dr.vodca » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:31 pm

Thank you Narcis for your answer, I was not aware of that other post. In fact I do use DevExpress components!