difference between Title and Foot in TChart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Johan Ingemansson

difference between Title and Foot in TChart

Post by Johan Ingemansson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:42 am

Hi,

A quick question if insert a title in a TChart, I want to adjust if the title is wider then the chart width, I have a function for this and if not then I insert a TeeLineSeparter character in the string in the position where I want the "cut" to occur. Pretty simple an Example:
AChart.Title.Text.Text:='string1'+TeeLineSeparator+'string2';
this Title will be displayed like this;
"string1"
"string2",

Here´s the thing, if I use Foot like:
AChart.Foot.Text.Text:='string1'+TeeLineSeparator+'string2';
then it will be displayed like:
"string2"
"string1"

So my question is, is this the intended functionality? My wish is to have the functionality for the Foot to work in the same manners as the Title, does anyone have any suggestions how to solve that? Worst case scenario I can always rearrange the order of my strings, but I think its more "beatiful" if the internal functionality of TChart woul solve it for me :P

Best Regards,

Johan Ingemansson

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi Johan,

yesm, this is as designed (first line is drawn at the bottom, second line is drawn on top of first line). If you want reverse (lines drawn from top to bottom), then all you must do, as you said, is add footer lines in reverse order, there's not a way to do this automatically in TeeChart.