EditChart() using tree view

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
spt

EditChart() using tree view

Post by spt » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 am

Is there a way to use tree view in the ChartEditor when invoking it via the EditChart() method?

I have the full source code version installed and tried to add the following line

Tree.Visible:=True;

to the EditChatPage() method

ie.

Code: Select all

Procedure EditChartPage(Form:TForm; AChart:TCustomChart; PageIndex:Integer);
begin
  With GetChartEditClass(AChart) do
  try
    TheActivePageIndex:=PageIndex;
    Tree.Visible:=True;
    ShowModal;
  finally
    Free;
  end;
end;
however, this does not seem to be sufficient, as I experience crashes when navigating through the tree view and tabs of the ChartEditor. Also, the appearance of the ChartEditor is a bit different than the one shown using the TChartEditor component. The background color of the windows/pages of the dialog seems to be affected by our themeing when using the EditChart() method, making the non-transparent labes (TLabel) very apparent with their grey background color, whereas the dialog from the TChartEditor will use a grey background.

Should I create an instance of TChartEditor rather than calling EditChart() if I want to use tree view, or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance

A. Giailoglou

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:19 am

Hi,

addin the Tree line as you did should do the trick, which TeeChart Pro version are you using ? I've just tried here using the latest sources available on our web site and it does no give me any error navigating through the tree, ...

spt

Post by spt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 am

See thread http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtopic.php?t=2912. This is still a problem in v7.06 used from BCB 6.

A. Giailoglou

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:00 am

Hi A. Giailoglou,

Please see my last reply at the thread you pointed.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum