problem with annotation when saving tee to jpg

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Oblicore

problem with annotation when saving tee to jpg

Post by Oblicore » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:42 am

Hello,

We have a teechart that includes an annotation tool which is located on the botton right side. when using the teechart properties page (or using API) to save the tee as a jpg file, the annotation disapears.

I am attaching a file (problem.zip) with a little project to display the problem.
1. Run the project
2. Press on the "Select tee" button and select the tee file (also in the zip). the tee include an annotation tool.
3. Open the properties ("editing") pop up ->Export->Picture->jpeg
4. Change size of jpg to 600x400 (remove the "keep aspect ratio").

In the create file, the annotation is missing. (test.jpg - also included in the attached file).

If we save the file in its original size, the annotation is kep. we think the annotation should work like the legend which is kept with all jpg sized.

is there a way to define the annotation so it wont be lost when safing to jpg?

Another unrelated small question: does teechart support hitmap series type?

thanks for your help,
Zoe

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Hello Zoe,
is there a way to define the annotation so it wont be lost when safing to jpg?
Yes, you're correct.This was a bug which has been fixed in the TeeChart Pro v8 version. I'm afraid there's not a workaround for v7.
Another unrelated small question: does teechart support hitmap series type?
I think hitmap Series type is the same as the new GIS Map Series introduced into the TeeChart Pro v8. You can download the trial version and check it. It includes some demos of this series type.
In case it's not the same, please send us more info about this Series type so we can consider it the inclusion for the next releases.

Oblicore

Post by Oblicore » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 am

Hello Josep,

Thanks for your reply. We have checked and you are correct, the problem is solved in Version 8.

As for the HeatMap (I had a small spelling mistake), I didn't see any series that is similar to it in version 8.

at the following link you can see the definition of HeatMap:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_map

Please let me know if Teechart support series like this, or if you have any evelauation on which version it will be supported.

Thanks.
Have a nice day,
Zoe

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:48 am

Hello Zoe,

ok, I've been looking at this Series type, it's not available in the latest TeeChart Pro v8, however I think this kind of Chart could be generated by using a 2D Colorgrid Series. Have you tried with this type? I think most of the parts of Chart (axis labels, grid values,.. etc..) except the org tree at the top and bottom ( which would have to be drawn directly onto the Canvas by using the canvas techniques.
I've added this Series type on our wish list to be considered for further releases.