tchart8.ocx crash on vista

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
mpaulson

tchart8.ocx crash on vista

Post by mpaulson » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi:

I have a vb6 program crashing in a Vista virtual machine when a form containing the control is loaded.

By peppering our source code with dialog boxes, I was able to get this error message to appear. It happens just about the time the form with the tchart control is loaded, but we never actually get to form_load of that form before the application crashes. Somehow, the dialog boxes slowed things down enough for us to catch this error message:

Run-time error 339:

Component 'TeeChart8.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have a "procmon" trace of the events, but I'm really not sure what to look for. Would you like to see it?

This machine has version 8.0.0.3 of tchart8.ocx.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Matt,

First of all, please notice we posted v8.0.0.5 at the client area last week. You could try uninstalling your current version and using that.

If this doesn't help then you could try manually registering the .ocx at your machine as described in tutorial 18. You'll find the tutorials at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

mpaulson

Post by mpaulson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm

It turned out that our setup kit wasn't registering the ocx. The reason I didn't check that first is because it works fine on XP. Strange. If you have an idea why it worked on XP but not on Vista, that would be interesting to know.

Otherwise, I'm good and thanks for the help.

-- Matt

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Hello Matt,

it's strange, it should be registered in order to be used, if not once you open an application which uses the ocx it gives the error you commented. Maybe you had selected the TeeChart components from the component list (using the browse button and selecting the ocx file), this does the registration to the system automatically.