Series band + add tool problem

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Jack

Series band + add tool problem

Post by Jack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi Helpdesk,

I'm experiencing 2 problems.
The first is with the use of the series band tool (V8.0.0.4). I got it reproduced to do the following :

1. Start a fresh Teechart
2. Add a line serie with random data (say 25 points)
3. Add a second line serie with random data (say 2 points)
4. Add a series band tool and select the previously added series as series 1 and 2
5. Depending on the random data the differences between the first and second serie should be filled (solid on default).

Until now everything works as expected.

6. Now store this chart as native Teechart (binary, incl. data)
7. Start a fresh Teechart and load the stored chart.

The (solid) filled area is gone. It can be restored by reselecting series 1 (not series 2).
All steps are done from within the editting window except the loading of the stored chart.
It looks like the series band tool is not getting correctly initialised on load.

Also both text of "series:" and "series2:" aren't aligned properly.

My second problem is with a Teechart that is often changed, saved and loaded again. When adding an additional tool the error is raised "A component named ChartTool0 already exists". To the user it looks like the tool is not added but after removing a previously added tool it shows up. I've got a saved Teechart which reproduces this behaviour.

TIA,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi Jack,
The (solid) filled area is gone. It can be restored by reselecting series 1 (not series 2).
All steps are done from within the editting window except the loading of the stored chart.
It looks like the series band tool is not getting correctly initialised on load.
I could reproduce this and added the issue (TA05013362) to the defect list to be fixed for next releases.
I'm sorry but I don't understand what do you exactly mean here. Would you be so kind to give us some more details about the problem?
My second problem is with a Teechart that is often changed, saved and loaded again. When adding an additional tool the error is raised "A component named ChartTool0 already exists". To the user it looks like the tool is not added but after removing a previously added tool it shows up. I've got a saved Teechart which reproduces this behaviour.
Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Jack

Post by Jack » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:51 am

Hi Narcis,

Quote:

I mean by this that both text "series:" and "series 2:" on the series band properties tab are not properly horizontally aligned relative to each other.

I will upload a "corrupt" file for testing.

Greetings,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 am

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information. I've aligned both properties in the editor for next maintenance release.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Jack

Post by Jack » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:39 am

Hi Narcis,

"Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page. "

I've uploaded the "corrupt" file last tuesday via the upload page. Its name is "1 Test.tee". Did you receive it/have a look at it ?

Greetings,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:00 am

Hi Jack,

Yes, we received it, thanks. However, I'm not able to reproduce the problem here. After loading the file which are the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the issue here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Jack

Post by Jack » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi Narcis,

The Teechart component is part of a program (ofcourse).
1. Open the tee-file in a program via something like SELF:oDCtc:Import:loadfromfile("c:\1 test.tee").
2. Open the Teechart editor
3. Add a tool (just anyone)
4. The error "A component named ChartTool0 already exists" occurs.

Other *.tee files do not behave like this only *.tee files which are altered and saved many times (so reproducability will be difficult).

Greetings,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 am

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information. I've been able to reproduce the issue here now. However, to see which is the exact problem we need to see how the chart was created and the changes you made on it. In the meantime I found a workaround to the issue:

1. Load the chart.
2. Open the chart editor.
3. Go to the "tools" tab.
4. Select the first tool on the list (Color Line) and use the right-top arrow buttons to move it down on the list (one position is enough).
5. Add a new tool.

Step 4 prevents this error.
Best Regards,
Steema Software