Text : Axis title, serie names and bottom labels

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Bush

Text : Axis title, serie names and bottom labels

Post by Bush » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:48 am

Dear,
After upgrading from activex7 to activex8 (multilanguage), we have now for text (font=arial) ; serienames and labels all normal text replaced by strings like @U#43616E646C652C426F6C6C422C32302C32

Any idea please or a bug in ActiveX multilanguage?

After sending above message I tried with TeeChart8.ocx and indeed
issue solved. So i am afraid we have a bug in TeeChart8Langs.ocx 8.0.0.1
.. what to do please

Kind regards
Bush. :(

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:44 am

Hi Bush,

most likely you download the Multilanguage Unicode version from our web site, this version supports unicode, but in order to show unicode strings in labels, titles, etc.. they must be coded by using the CodeUTF8String and DecodeUTF8String methods like into the Unicode examples included with the installation.
If you don't want to use the unicode version go to the private customers download page at www.steema.com and download it (check that you are choosing the not unicode version).

Bush

Unicode

Post by Bush » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Dear Pep,

Mny thx your fast feedback.
I retried downloading the non unicode, but still the same problem, then i downloaded and installed the multi unicode, and now strings are back fine but characters like VbCr VBLf are ignored within a label. Probably because special code is needed like you said.
I have no issues with the general ocx version. What to do please?

Kind regards,
Bush.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Bush,

I'm sorry, I don¡t undestand at all what's the problem. Which version do you want to use (unicode or non-unicode) ?
Could you please send me a simple example (directly to pep@steema.com) so I can see the problem as is here, and let me know the correct result that should appear ?

Ray

Post by Ray » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:23 am

Hi,

We are currently experiencing the same problem that was described in the last post by Bush.

Specifically, we are using TeeChart8Langs.ocx and while everything seems to be working fine, we find that any characters such as vbCr do not appear correctly in the annotation object. They instead appear as non printable characters (squares).

The annotation text is being assigned at run time and vbCr is used to create multiple lines of text. We are using TChart in a VB6 environment and we have done nothing in the code other than replace the v6 TChart object with the new one.

We performed a test whereby we tried creating an annotation object at design time and entered multiple lines of text. This object appears correctly at run time, with the text appearing over multiple lines as expected.

We are also finding that a line series that was specified as vbBlack is now appearing as green at run time. Again, nothing has been changed other than the replacement of the TChart object.

Please help asap.

Thanks,
Ross

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:10 am

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the information.

We have been able to reproduce the issue here and added it (TA05012657) to our defect list to be fixed for the next maintenance release. We expect it to be out before the end of this year.
We are also finding that a line series that was specified as vbBlack is now appearing as green at run time. Again, nothing has been changed other than the replacement of the TChart object.
We haven't been able to reproduce this here. Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" and let us know the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the issue here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Ray

Post by Ray » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 am

Happy New Year guys.

How's the maintenance release coming along? Is it expected to be ready soon?

I haven't yet had a chance to dig further into the colour issue and provide you with an example. I'll keep you informed of my progress.

Thanks for your help,
Ross

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 am

Hi Ross,

Thank you very much. I wish you the best for 2008!

The next maintenance release is due to be out shortly. Please be aware at this forum or our RSS feed for the release announcement.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Ray

Post by Ray » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 am

Hi Narcís,

I've uploaded a simple VB6 project (LineSeriesColour.zip) which exhibits the line series colour problem. Click the command button and you will see that the line series appears as red, even though vbBlack is specified in the code.

Thanks,
Ross

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the example project.

For this to work you should add the line below to your code

Code: Select all

Chart.Series(iSeries).ColorEachPoint = True
or set line's colour to black:

Code: Select all

Chart.Series(iSeries).Color = vbBlack

Dim dPos As Long
    For dPos = 1 To 10
        Chart.Series(iSeries).AddXY dPos, dPos, "", clTeeColor
    Next
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Ray

Post by Ray » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Narcís,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try this in our main project. Please note that this wasn't necessary in TeeChart v6.

Thanks,
Ross