Changing pattern style and color

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
ColinG

Changing pattern style and color

Post by ColinG » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:13 am

In TeeChart 7.0.0.5 there still seems to be a problem with pattern color, as reported by LundyJ on 22 Dec 2003.

Pattern color cannot be changed using the TeeChart Editor. I always get red whatever I do! But more importantly, I cannot get TeeChart to display the pure fill color without some sort of pattern overlaid on it. The best I can do is to use 10% fill which gives me small red dots over the fill color.

I think there is some confusion between "No Pattern" and "No Fill". The second pattern option in the pattern color editor (None) should simply display the fill color without any pattern. Currently it removes the fill color completely, and if you then change the pattern to something else you have to reset the fill color manually. This doesn't seem to make much sense. You can always easily get "No Fill" by setting Transparency to 100%.

I have so far failed to find how to change the pattern color at design time, so I can force it to be the same color as the fill color. How can this be done?

Colin.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:52 am

Hi Colin,
Pattern color cannot be changed using the TeeChart Editor. I always get red whatever I do!
Yes, this feature is not yet available (it's already down our wish list to be considered for further releases) , it cannot be changed for the moment.
But more importantly, I cannot get TeeChart to display the pure fill color without some sort of pattern overlaid on it. The best I can do is to use 10% fill which gives me small red dots over the fill color.
You should be able to display it without any pattern, just with the fill color using :
TChart1.Series(0).asArea.AreaBrush = bsSolid