Horiz/otherside custom axis labels disappear without topaxis

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Ritchie

Horiz/otherside custom axis labels disappear without topaxis

Post by Ritchie » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:27 pm

If I hide the Top axis or delete the only series on my Tchart AX 5.0.6.0 chart that uses the built-in Top axis, all of the other custom-axis (horizontal otherside) based series lose their axis labels.

I would like to leave the top axis completely unused, but still have visible axis labels. Is this a bug? and if so, can anyone suggest a way round it.

(All of my series are horizontal lines which share the same custom y-axis but each have different custom x-axes.)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Ritchie

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi Ritchie,

which code are you using to reproduce the problem ?

Ritchie

Post by Ritchie » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:50 am

I'm using VB but the problem can be demonstrated using a design-time chart. I can send you the .tee file if there's a way to post attachments.

I've found a way around the problem though. I had all margins set to 0%, but if the top axis has data attached, the labels for the other series was displayed. Now, when not using the top axis, if I set the top margin to 5% everything displays okay.

I'm quite happy with the way it's working now, but perhaps it is worthy of further investigation?

Many thanks,
Ritchie

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:14 pm

Hi Ritchie,

yes, you can post it into the steema.public.attachments newsgroup accessible through news://steema.net/steema.public.attachments

It it can be reproducible at design time, please tell me the steps I must do the see it.

Ritchie

Post by Ritchie » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi Pep,

I've posted the .tee file and steps required to reproduce to the newsgroup.

Regards,
Richard

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Richart,

ok, i've taken a look and have seen that it's working as it should, because the axis that show after you've unchecked the first Series are the custom axis (which have the "Visible" to true). If you uncheck the "Visible" for all the the custom axis (or just the top ones) all the top axis will disappear.