Drawing cubic spline curve

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Rama

Drawing smooth curve - Very urgent

Post by Rama » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:15 am

Hi,

Could you please let me know when the teechart will support the series type of Cubic Spline instead of function. Otherwise I have to search some other chart tool which support the drawing the smooth line. Please reply as early as possible. I am stuck with this requirement. I am happy with the other featurs of the teechart. I expecting a positive reply.

Regards,
Rama

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:33 am

Hi Rama,

I'm sorry, I cannot tell for sure when will be implemented. It's on our wish list but it's not a date fixed.

Rama

Post by Rama » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:43 pm

HI,

I followed the work around adviced by you till now. It is working. But I am setting the Legend.CheckBoxes = True. So If user uncheks a series, it is hiding the smoothing line only. The data points of "Sereies0"are still visble.

Is there a event handler to capture the checking and uncking the legend checkbox.Please let me if any.

Regards,
Rama

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am

Hi Rama,
Is there a event handler to capture the checking and uncking the legend checkbox.Please let me if any.
You can know when anyone has been checked or unchecked looking if the Series are Active or not , using similar code to the following :

Code: Select all

Private Sub TChart1_OnBeforeDrawSeries()
  If TChart1.Series(0).Active = False Then
    MsgBox ("Series(0) is not Actived")
  End If
End Sub

Rama

Post by Rama » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:11 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But It is not useful. In my case I may have 5 to 7 series. User can check or uncheck the any checkbox in the legend. For example user uncks the "Series0", "Sereies3","Series4" and then check the "Sereies3". I need to get the information which series checkbox is unchecked. I need to get the unchecked series number. I want to know the series number of a unchecked checkbox in the legend.

In the TChart1_OnBeforeDrawSeries event is not providing any information. I searched in the forum for any similar kid of question. I found two queries. But the solutions are not solving the problem. Could you please give me a example, if possible.

Regards,
Rama

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:12 pm

Hi Rama,

you could know all information using similar code to the following :

Code: Select all

Private Sub TChart1_OnBeforeDrawSeries()
Dim text As String
For i = 0 To TChart1.SeriesCount - 1
    If TChart1.Series(i).Active = True Then
        text = text & Chr(13) & TChart1.Series(i).Name & " Checked"
    Else
        text = text & Chr(13) & TChart1.Series(i).Name & " Unchecked"
    End If
Next i
MsgBox text
End Sub
And also, in case you want to know which individual Series has been checked or unchecked every time you click then you will have to save the info and compare it.