problem with forign language

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Zoe@Oblicore

problem with forign language

Post by Zoe@Oblicore » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:01 am

hello

we use the method aSeries->Add(dValue, label.c_str(), color) to add a value to a series in the chart, the label parameter is a wstring which hold a value in Hebrew language. What we get on the chart is question marks instead of the Hebrew letters (numbers and english letters seems to stay as is).
if i try to insert hebrew letters manually from the charts properties window, the Hebrew lettres are shown fine.

can you help?

we use version 6.0.0.4
and Visual studio (cpp) 6

thanks

Zoe@Oblicore

more info

Post by Zoe@Oblicore » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:41 am

changing the regional options of the computer did not solve the problem.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:04 pm

Hi,

to be able to show the Hebrew letters you must compile your app under a Hebrew Windows System.

Meirs

Is this true For version 7.0.6 ?

Post by Meirs » Mon May 22, 2006 11:27 am

we have a multilingual Web application, and each user has a language preference, spanish, Hebrew etc..

In The evaluation, Unicode worked, but now We see only question marks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue May 23, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi,

this should work in the same way for Eval and Registered version, it does not have any difference on this matter. Could you please be so kind to check again if it works using the Eval version ? Also, just tell you that to display double-byte characters the application must be compiled under the specific double-byte language version.

Meirs

We are using Teechart in a web application

Post by Meirs » Wed May 24, 2006 12:00 pm

My users come from different countries to the web site. I can't compile for each language I support. I use the downloaded runtime from steema.

In the eval version, unicode text loaded from the database into the chart showed properly (we checked spanish and hebrew), but after installing the non-eval version, question marks appeared instead of Hebrew or Spanish special characters.

Meirs

unicode support

Post by Meirs » Tue May 30, 2006 7:43 am

I want to emphasize that the reason we upgraded to ActiveX 7 is becuase we were promised Unicode support (e.g. multiple languages with one source code).

As I said above, in the production version, we are not getting what we want, and a Hebrew interface with Teechart legends in English doesn't look professional.

We checked the .Net version, but we didn't get all the functionality we got in the ActiveX (and all the screen refreshed).

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 30, 2006 8:15 am

Hi Meirs,

Sorry for not having replied yet. We are investiating on your issue. We will get back to you ASAP.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue May 30, 2006 9:21 am

Hello Meirs,

Your problem report has been taken seriously and a test machine has been configured in the last few days to run tests specifically to look at this issue to be able to offer solutions. Please bear with us whilst we run those tests.

Though external interfaces of TeeChart AX support Unicode TeeChart AX is not fully Unicode compliant due to some inner restrictions so it will not offer a fully Unicode solution as would, for example, the .NET version.

Some questions:
- What languages does your application support (or if the list is very long, does it support double-byte languages, ie. Japanese, Korean Chinese?)
- Does your application run a dynamic client (ie. TeeChart OBJECT on browser page) or does it output static images?
- What language did the Windows version for the evaluation run in and what language is the Windows running the registered version, running?

I would like to emphasise that there should be no difference in behaviour between the evaluation and registered versions of TeeChart so if the Evaluation version gave you the features you require then that should/will be obtainable with the registered version.

With thanks.
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Meirs

My Configuration

Post by Meirs » Wed May 31, 2006 2:47 pm

Our server is Windows 2003 Enterprise US english edition
IIS 6.0
Most of our developers use XP with MSIE 6 sp2, but testers check also win2000 with MSIE5.5

We use a SQL2000 database, and all strings are stored there.
According to the user, we upload the requested strings to the page in the user language (specified in user preferences).

The pages are encoded in UTF-8.

We currently use English, Spanish and Hebrew and might translate to Russian (Kyrilic) in a few months time. Actually, translation is based on demand, and if we will have a request for Vietnamese, we will translate all strings to Vietnamese.

We stream the chart using the ActiveX control, as an object, and we only generate static jpg's if saving a chart to send by e-mail, printing, or if the user has not yet installed the ActiveX on the browser side.

We use the version downloaded from your site, with no additional compiles. All our development computers are US English with keyboard support for the local language (Hebrew).

I can add a user with spanish for your use, if you email me (though I will have to disable a function we are using in production, which converts special spanish characters to their base form, e.g. 'ń' to 'n')

Meir.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:11 pm

Hello Meirs,

Thanks for the info. I've mailed you requesting test access to your application server.

We're working on some areas where we've recognised that improvements can be made for language support and expect to make a version available for test shortly.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support

Meirs

Post by Meirs » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:01 am

You get access (in Spanish) to our site.

We took off our function which normalizes letters with special marks in Spanish in our test site http://test.expertpower.com

After logging in, choose from the menu Energia/ Energia Total / Reportaje Mensual or Reportaje Annual
You will see that the title should be "Perfil energético para junio" but the é is not displayed correctly

A similar problem with Reportaje Annual, and on the bottom, the legend instead of "Año anterior..." shows "A oo anterior"

You can compare with http://www.expertpower.com

Showing Hebrew is downright impossible.

The evaluation version worked correctly

Meir

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:12 am

Hello Meir,

The test version with improved WideString support was put up on the Customer download page last week. Any feedback you might have on that version would be welcome.

In tests we found that the version correctly handles input where machine locale for non-unicode applications is set to the language required. Some data input mechanisms may still need work and with relevance to this thread may depend on the technique used to extract data from the database.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 pm

Hello Meir,

There is a new test version with improved Unicode support on the customer download page.

It includes examples in VB for:
- SeriesTextSrc import
- SeriesXMLSrc import
- Recordset (ODBC Datasource) import

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support