Teechart.ocx (version 5) fails to register

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
wdh2880

Teechart.ocx (version 5) fails to register

Post by wdh2880 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 am

We are having a problem that on one PC, when we try to issue the command: "regsvr32 teechart.ocx", it takes quite a long while and after some time, we get an error message: LoadLibrary("Teechart.ocx") failed. GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.

If I'm not mistaken, the 7e message means a module was not found.

We already tried the following based on information we searched on internet:
- make sure it is being run as an administrator
- first change the directory to the directory where the ocx is located, then retry the regsvr32 command.
- move the .ocx files to another directory that didn't have spaces in it and retry.
- shutdown any anti virus programs and retry.

I also tried out depends.exe (dependancy walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/)), to check if we spotted any difference between an installation that was working and the installation where it didn't work. Both the installation that did work and the installation that didn't, gave us the same output.

The version of Teechart.ocx is 4.0.0.7, the version of Teechart5.ocx is 5.0.7.0.
The OS we are trying to issue the commands on is Windows XP.

I'm all out of ideas right now, so any help will be appreciated.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Teechart.ocx (version 5) fails to register

Post by Yeray » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi wdh2880,

Note that the ocx file is called TeeChart5.ocx. Don't forget the number 5.
Here in a WinXP machine, using absolute paths with quotation marks, even with blank spaces:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\Norike>"C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe" "C:\Program Files\TeeChart Pro v5 ActiveX Control\TeeChart5.ocx"
It works fine and gives me the message:

Code: Select all

DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files\TeeChart Pro v5 ActiveX Control\TeeChart5.ocx succeeded.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

wdh2880

Post by wdh2880 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm

We have both a Teechart.ocx and a Teechart5.ocx, but both give the same error message.
On my own pc, it is able to correctly install by using the same method as I'm using on the other PC, but for some reason it doesn't work on that other pc.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi wdh2880,
wdh2880 wrote:We have both a Teechart.ocx and a Teechart5.ocx, but both give the same error message.
On my own pc, it is able to correctly install by using the same method as I'm using on the other PC, but for some reason it doesn't work on that other pc.
This makes me think that there must be something in this computer that is blocking the regsvr32 application to register the ocx. Can you register other ocx in this machine?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy