TeeCustomShape

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
davidchiew

TeeCustomShape

Post by davidchiew » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:20 am

Hi Guys,

trying to make a transparent rectangle (not hollow, but see-through), and am trying to make use of ITeeCustomShape which appears in the help as appears to have Transparent and Transparency properties which is hopeful. However I cannot find any documentation/examples on how to go about using this, I did find one reference
http://216.101.185.148/scripts/isapi.dl ... le=3526335
however no actual example on how to add this to a chart, not even sure if its a series or a tool ...

probably a dead easy question, but any help would be great

thanks,
Dave.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Hi Dave,

you can use the IShapeSeries type, you should be able to find info about this Series type. Also, you can find some examples which show the use of the Shape series in the Demo Features project (which is included in the trial and registered version).

davidchiew

Post by davidchiew » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:44 am

Hi Josep,

thanks very much for your response, I have been looking through many examples of ShapeSeries, and although it does have a Transparent property, it does not have a Transparency property.

My main goal is simply to draw a rectangle with 75% transparency, to highlight a certain region of the graph. The shapeseries doesn't look like it can handle this.

Things I have tried:
- transparent annotation w/t empty text => can't specify bounds of rectangle
- transparent surface => it always it attached to the x-axis
- transparent area series => almost worked! but Origin is Long and I need Double accuracy to specify the lower bounds of this rectangle

any advice would be great.

thanks,
Dave.
Pep wrote:Hi Dave,

you can use the IShapeSeries type, you should be able to find info about this Series type. Also, you can find some examples which show the use of the Shape series in the Demo Features project (which is included in the trial and registered version).

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:45 pm

Hi Dave,

I've added this features on our wish list to be considered for the next releases.

The only ways around this I think that are :
- Using the Annotation Tool and setting a custom position and size. But the size only can be changed via Editor (through the Size tab). For the next maintenance release I'll add the Width and Height properties to be available at runtime.
- Maybe you can use a Point Series type with just one point and change its witdh and height.

davidchiew

Post by davidchiew » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:05 pm

Hi Pep,

thanks for the info, I'll wait for the next release before implementing this. yeah I did investigate the Point Series but the transparency property did not appear to have any affect in v6

thanks again
Dave.
Pep wrote:Hi Dave,

I've added this features on our wish list to be considered for the next releases.

The only ways around this I think that are :
- Using the Annotation Tool and setting a custom position and size. But the size only can be changed via Editor (through the Size tab). For the next maintenance release I'll add the Width and Height properties to be available at runtime.
- Maybe you can use a Point Series type with just one point and change its witdh and height.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:57 am

Hi Dave,
the Point Series but the transparency property did not appear to have any affect in v6
Yes, it works since the Teechart Pro v7.