Length Error in ASP.NET application

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
mrsgrams

Length Error in ASP.NET application

Post by mrsgrams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:55 pm

I have an asp page that has two calendar controls, a drop down list and a pair of check boxes. When selections are made with these controls, they display a checkbox list that gives filtered information based on their choices. I also have a button on the page that will use all of the choices made to create a chart on a TeeChart Active x chart. All of the items on the form work just fine without the chart on the page. When I add the chart to the page (without actually adding any data to it, just a blank chart), and try to click on the controls, this is the error I get:

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length]
System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172
Steema.TeeChart.Web.WebChart.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Has anyone seen this before?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:32 pm

Hi,

which TeeChart Pro ActiveX version are you using ?
Could you please post an example into the steema.public.attachments newsgroup at :
news://www.berneda.com/steema.public.attachments with which I can reproduce the problem "as is" here

mrsgrams

Post by mrsgrams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:33 pm

This is the version I am using:

I will post the page so you can see it.

mrsgrams

Post by mrsgrams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:44 pm

Pep - I can't get the email to go to the newsgroup. Is there a different place to send it?

mrsgrams

Post by mrsgrams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:15 pm

I have it narrowed down to a problem with the checkbox and having autopostback set to true. I did some testing one element at a time, and have it narrowed down to the checkbox postback that is causing the issue.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:54 am

Hi,

ok, I'm glad to hear that works now.
Also, I suggest you download the latest version available on our web site ( at the private customers download page ).