Changes made at design time with Chart Editor

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Marco

Changes made at design time with Chart Editor

Post by Marco » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:57 am

Hello,

I have got a problem to save the changes I made with the Chart Editor in the design-time. In the run-time the changes get lost. I am using Visual C++.NET. In the FAQs I found a topic belonging to my problem. But there was no answer.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Marco

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:38 pm

Hi Marco,

TeeChart's native TEE file formats can save changes made to all the TChart properties and methods available at design-time via the TChart Editor. Run-time changes made to the Chart via TChart's events are not saved in the TEE file format. The solution to this problem is to run TChart's events after you have imported the TEE file.

Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:09 pm

Thanks for your answer,

but the changes I made in the Visual Studio with the right mouse button and "Properties"->"TeeChart Pro Editor" get lost after compiling the app.
I do not want to change something in run-time only in design-time. But this changes will not be saved.

In the FAQs you write:

<<Subject: Changes made at design time with the Chart Editor do not always save.

To change Chart properties at design-time, right mouseclick the Chart on the form and select "Properties" from the menu, then click on the "TeeChart Pro Editor" tab and then the "Edit Chart..." button. Right mouseclicking the Chart on the Form and selecting the 'TeeChart Pro Activex Control' from the menu to display the TeeChart menu will make changes at design-time but these will be lost at run-time.>>

This is my problem, I make changes but this changes always get lost.

Could you help me please? Is there any solution?
Thanks a lot!

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:26 am

Hi --
but the changes I made in the Visual Studio with the right mouse button and "Properties"->"TeeChart Pro Editor" get lost after compiling the app.
I do not want to change something in run-time only in design-time. But this changes will not be saved.
Using VC++.NET, designtime changes made to TeeChart AXv6 are saved without a problem when using the managed extensions (.NET projects). When using VC++.NET's unmanaged extensions (MFC projects etc.) then the problem you descibe occurs. I will add the issue to the list of defects for TeeChart AXv6. In the meantime, I'm afraid, I cannot offer you a workaround (other than using VC++6.0 ;-).
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/