visual problems

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Ariel Tetro

visual problems

Post by Ariel Tetro » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:51 am

Hello,

We came across some problems with the visibility of charts we use in our application.
We are using version 6 of the ActiveX and when we used version 5 these problems didn't occur.
The problems are:

1. The default background image disappears when toggling between views using the same chart object - we open a dialog with a chart and its default background image (the one that displays horizontal dashed lines) is displayed properly. Then we select a different view and then we return to the previous view, and the dashed lines disappear...

2. Labels on the x-axis do not display - on version 5 we had no problem to display datetime labels on the x-axis, while in the new version it disappeared completely. we tried using code from another chart we use in our application, but it didn't change it. we also tried to use the editor to add a title to the x-axis and it didn't display either...

3. we had a machine in which some strange rectangles appeared on the user's screen after he used the dialoges hosting the chart ActiveX. These rectangles didn't disppear even when the application was closed. Only restarting the machine made them disappear. Do you know of any reason that this might happen.

I would appreciate any help you can provide on any of these issues...

Ariel[/img]

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:31 pm

Hi again,

I had found the reason why the first 2 problems occured. I needed to use _chart.ClearChart() in order for the data to be updated...

If anyone had encountered the third problem or have a solution for it, i would be very happy to know it.

Ariel

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:30 pm

>If anyone had encountered the third problem or have a solution for it, i >would be very happy to know it.
Have you tried to avoid this use the StopMouse() method as in the following example ? :

Code: Select all

Dim mstop As Boolean
Private Sub Form_Load()
With TChart1
    .AddSeries scLine
    .Series(0).FillSampleValues 20
End With
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnDblClick()
mstop = True
TChart1.ShowEditor
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseDown(ByVal Button As TeeChart.EMouseButton, ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
If mstop = True Then
TChart1.StopMouse
End If
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseMove(ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
mstop = False
End Sub
If you still having problems, could you please send me one example to the steema.public.attachments newsgroup with which I can reproduce the problem as is here ?

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:02 pm

Hi,

I will try what you suggested.
From our experience the recangles appear when tool tips are visible. Once a tooltip is displayed it doesn't completely disappear - its recangle remains in the background.
I hope this info might shed some more light on this issue and i will update you if your suggestion helped.

Ariel

Ariel Tetro

Sample App for reproducing problem 3

Post by Ariel Tetro » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:34 am

Hi,

I will upload a sample app i had written that reproduces the problem I described.
The problem occurs on Win XP machines. just compile and run the sample, select file->show chart and move the mouse cursor over the chart's bars, so the tool tips will appear. repeat this operation a for a while (move the mouse cursor in and out of the dialog hosting the chart)and you will be able to see that the tool tip's rectangles (their shadow) remain on the screen.

Contact me if you have any question on how to reproduce the problem.

Ariel

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:49 am

I find it very strange that you haven't replied to my post yet, after i had posted the sample you had asked for.
Please update me as soon as possible on your findings.

Ariel

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:03 pm

Hello Ariel,

We still don't have any update for you on this. The problem is reproducable. As you observed it affects applications in XP. So far we have only been able to reproduce the issue in VC++ applications, though not all of them, so we are trying to find the differentiating factors that may/may not cause the problem. We'll post new news here.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:16 am

Are there any new updates on this issue? This is a show stopper for us...

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:26 am

Hi Ariel,

not for the moment. I think the next maintenance release v6.05 will be ready in a few weeks (5-6 weeks).

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Will that release include a solution for this problem?

Ariel Tetro

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:30 am

Hi Ariel,

I cannot tell you for sure. We'll try to make all the efforts to include the fix the for the next maintenance release.

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:39 pm

Hi again,

I had tested the new release (6.0.5) and it seems like the problem wasn't addressed.
I would like to know when should we expect to get it fixed?

thank you,
Ariel

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:57 pm

Hi Ariel,

we'll try to fix it as soon as possible, but I cannot tell for sure in which release and date.

Ariel Tetro

Post by Ariel Tetro » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:23 am

Hi Pep,

Following the release of the beta version of the ActiveX(version 7) i tried to test whether you fixed this problem and it doesn't look like you have.

Will the release version of ver. 7 include a fix?
Will this problem ever be fixed?

Ariel

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:01 am

Hi Ariel,
Will the release version of ver. 7 include a fix?
Will this problem ever be fixed?
I'm sorry, I cannot tell for sure if it will be fixed, we'll try to solve for the final release.