Multiple Instancing of Internet Explorer

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
rama

Post by rama » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 am

Narcis,

Thank you for your reply. We have tried another approach. I am using the create popup to display the tooltip.

One issue I am facing is while converting the Date to string. because we are using the vbscrpit. So it takes the client machine user locale setting date format. If the Web server is in different culture then the tool tip is displaying in the differnt culture. This problem is there with the annotation approach also.

Please let me in which version of Teechart this issue "hanging IE we open the multiple instances of Teechart windows" is fixed.

Regards,
Rama

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Rama,

I think it was v7.0.1.2, you may want to check it yourself in the release notes.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

rama

Post by rama » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:57 am

Narcis,

We have mentioned it is fixed in 7.0.1.2 version. But are facing this issue in 7.0.1.3 version.

It is means still the problem is there in current versions also.

Please let know your comments.

Regards,
Rama

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:27 am

Hi Rama,

Multiple instance issue should be fixed in v7.0.1.4. However we found thare are some issues using this fix with Windows Vista and Windows 2008 Server. Which operating system are you using?

Regarding the marks/annotations issue, could you please let us know the format you are trying to use? You could retrieve each point X value, manually converting it to a string, formating it as you desire and finally assign this to annotation tool.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

rama

Post by rama » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:29 am

Hi Narcis,

We are using Windows XP and Windows 2003 server as OS.

REgards,
Rama

rama

Post by rama » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:47 am

Hi Narcis,

I am able to reproduce the issue with the Teechart version 7.0.1.4. I have tried with the sample application what I have sent earlier.

Please use my earlier sample application and try with 7.0.1.4 version and try to reproduce the issue.

Waiting for your reply.....

Regards,
Rama

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:19 am

Hello Rama,

We have re-checked this. We believe the Multiple IE Window fix to be correctly in place. There are other elements though that may influence the viewing experience in IE.

Please check the following Windows system variable:

"Show window contents while dragging"

This may be accessed by going to Control Panel's 'System' config, 'Advanced' tab and the 'Performance' button.
"Show window contents while dragging" should be unchecked for correct rendering of TeeChart when multiple child windows are opened in IE.

TeeChart does not modify this element. It can be modified by code in the following way if you wish to fix the setting in your client PCs for a controlled environment.

Use Windows API SystemParametersInfo & SPI_SETDRAGFULLWINDOWS

details of use at. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185637

Please check whether the setting of this Windows element modifies the Chart behaviour you are seeing.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support