How to go back to auto labels from custom labels?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Steve Bourne

How to go back to auto labels from custom labels?

Post by Steve Bourne » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:41 pm

I have used custom labels on the bottom axis of my chart. I now want to re-populate the chart with other information and return to automatic labels, but it seems once I do anything with custom labels, I can't get the chart to return to automatic labels.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve Bourne

Steve Bourne

A good example is in the feature demo program

Post by Steve Bourne » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:51 pm

A good example of what I am talking about is in the Teechart Feature Demo program that shows custom labels. Note that when you turn off the custom labels with the check box, the labels for the left axis disappear altogether. The standard scale-based axis labels do not take their place - and I am not able to find a way to get these standard labels to re-appear. This even occurs when I use a clearchart on the chart to return it to pristine condition.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:32 am

Hi Steve,

yes, you¡'re correct, at the moment there's not a method to do this (recreate the automatic axis labels), I've added this as a feature request on our wish list to be considered for further releases.
In meantime the only way around would be to re-populate the Series again.

Steve Bourne

Deeper than re-populating the series

Post by Steve Bourne » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks Jorge,

It seems to be even deeper than that. I am actually using the clearchart method, which should remove all series and return the chart to default settings. Then, I add completely new series, with no custom labels. Even then, the standard scale-based labels don't return.

It seems like once you add custom labels to an axis, that axis can never return to standard labels unless you entirely restart the application.

Steve

Steve Bourne

Workaround

Post by Steve Bourne » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:34 pm

I found the way to workaround the issue is to use a custom horizontal axis whenever you want to use custom labels on the bottom axis. THis way, the standard bottom axis can always remain as an auto-label axis.

Steve Bourne

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:50 am

Hi Steve,

yes, this is a good workaround, for the moment I've not found a better one.