Part of axis labels are hidden under the gridlines

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Gernot

Part of axis labels are hidden under the gridlines

Post by Gernot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello,
I am using TeeChart ActiveX V6 with MS Visual C++.
Now I found a little problem: if the axis position is at - for example - 50% and I draw the tick-grid of the corresponding axis, just this gridlines are drawn above the labels. So the gridlines hide parts of the labels. This has the effect, that for example the label "-180" is read as "100" where the "-" is gone and the "8" is read as "0".
For example use this: 2D-Graph, X- and Y-axis at position of 50%, x from -720 to 720, step 180 and y from -140 to 140, step 20. All gridlines as solid lines, light gray.
This is a great problem für my customers and I didn`t found any possibility to set the label in front of the grid. Any ideas?

thank you very much, greetings from germany
Last edited by Gernot on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi Gernot,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Gernot

uploaded

Post by Gernot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:08 pm

ok, its uploaded to your server as "label_under_gridline_test.exe"

thanks.

Gernot

Post by Gernot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am

Hi,

what about my problem? Any suggestions?

Greetings from germany

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:39 am

Hi Gernot,

it's strange, I'm not able to reproduce the same effect here. I've prepared an example and posted into the attachments newsgroup (including the exe file).
which does the same as in the sample you sent us and it shows different the 8 as the 0 nums in the axis labels.
Would you be so kind to test, modify and send it us again in order to be able to see the problem here ?

Gernot

Post by Gernot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Pep,

I just sent you a zip-file containing the effect as a screenshot (jpg) and my VisualC++ - projectfiles (test.zip), which produced the effect. I sent it via your upload-page.

many thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Gernot,

yes, you're correct, I'm able to see the problem here. The axis grid is always drawn over the axis labels. I've added this as as feature request for further maintenance releases (I think it's an important one).
In meantime the only way around it that I can think of would be to make use of the canvas techniques, drawing the axis labels as text over the Chart (using the TextOut method), calculating it's correct position.