EPS issues : border & fontsize

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Bush

EPS issues : border & fontsize

Post by Bush » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:02 pm

1) when exporting in eps format, lines are broken into parts; i tried to fix that with line border, flat,round.. but no way.
please see border.jpg
any idea what to do, or can this be fixed with version 8?

2) would it be possible to add the option when exporting in eps, to have axis, separated or not. When resizing an eps, the fontsize resizes as well, and when the fontsize need to be adapted manually, all numbers on the axis need to be selected one by one.
These are 2 difficulties which we presently have with eps export regarding fontsize. you have maybe a solution for this?
pls see fonteps.jpg and fonteps2.jpg

Kind regards. :roll:
Last edited by Bush on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Bush,

Please find below the answers to your questions:

1. Different line end/start caps are not yet supported. We'll see it this can be implemented in next version.

2. I'm afraid this is not possible as you cannot simply use one approach for axis and other approach for other chart elements.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:25 am

1) would be great, mny thx
2) i was indeed afraid for that, but mny thx yr reply.
3) there was a third issue i forgot to mention regarding eps:
when using some fontnames, eps file can not be opened by for example adobe illustrator. Any idea what this can be? Do you want me to upload such an error file in eps format? :roll:

Kind regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:04 am

Hi Bush,

Regarding 3, there is a problem with fonts. But TeeChart currently does not include extra font info (needed for correct mapping) in eps file. It simply copies font name used in Graphics3D and copies it to eps file. For example, if we use Verdana (Bold) font, here is what export filter will write to eps file:

1.00 0.00 0.00 rgb /Verdana,Bold findfont 12 scalefont setfont 267.00 271.00 m (PDF Export) ltext

This is ok, as long as interpreter finds match for Verdana,Bold font name. If this is not the case, default font is used (as we imagine happens in your case). We'll try to improve this for next release.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi Narcís,

You have a great product and we are confident that you will find a solution for this.
Mny thx & Kind Regards :wink:

jmarc

eps improvment

Post by jmarc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

Hello Narcis,

I'm using Teechart for two years, I need to export some line chart to Illustrator and flash.

Due to eps export limitations, I have writen a TeeAICanvas, to export AI format, using GDI+ interface. So I can get some more stuff : line width drawing under 1 pixel (0,2 for example), XY positions in single coordinates, correct font description... It is working well now for my purpose (line and bar chart and AI format) but need some more work.

Do you plan to improve eps export?

Do you plan to use GDI+ capabilities, for example implement single XY positions.

If not, I would be interested in some information or collaboration about improving eps or ai format, I plan to implement gradient and other shapes drawing.

Regards,
Jean-Marc

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:36 am

Hi,
Do you plan to improve eps export?
Main improvements for eps will be done during the next maintenance releases.
Do you plan to use GDI+ capabilities, for example implement single XY positions.
Yes, the next TeeChart Pro ActiveX v8 (which will be out soon) will include the GDI+ Canvas feature (code : TChart1.Aspect.GDIPlus.Active=True).

For the moment only TeeChart for Net and TeeChart Proi VCL include this feature.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Jean-Marc,

having posted the TeeChart Pro ActiveX v8 on our web site, just inform that the GDI+ feature will be included into the next v8.01 release.