OCX authenticode signature

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
MarkR

OCX authenticode signature

Post by MarkR » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Hello,

We've been using the ActiveX version of TeeChart with one of our software products for quite a while now, and it works great.

Now we're in the process of acquiring certification for the new Windows Vista Logo Program, and we're hitting a serious (and somewhat urgent) snag.

Simply put, Vista certification requires that ALL installed executable files (.exe, .dll, .ocx, etc.) carry their own authenticode signature. It appears that the CAB file that ships with TeeChart v6 is signed, but the OCX (TeeChart6.ocx version 6.0.0.5) is not.

This is a big deal for us, as it's currently preventing the certification process from proceeding. Is there any way Steema can provide a signed OCX component?

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:42 pm

As a follow-up, I have learned that (if necessary) we can acquire a waiver with regard to your OCX component not being signed.

I'd much rather have a signed version of TeeChart6.ocx, but if it's not on your radar I need to apply for a waiver. So please let me know your intentions ASAP.

Thanks!

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:19 am

Hi,

it's strange that you have a ocx not signed, normally all the installers come wiht ocx and cab files signed (maybe was a litle oversight), have you tried to download the latest v6.0.0.6 from our web site, at the private customers download page ? this one should contain both files signed.

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm

I just downloaded v 6.0.0.6 of TeeChart6.ocx, and there is still no Authenticode signature on the OCX itself.

Again, the cab file is signed, but the OCX is not.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:32 am

Hi MarkR,

I have just sent you the signed .cab to your forums profile e-mail.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum