IE Error

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
JohnHorb

IE Error

Post by JohnHorb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:15 pm

I don't know whether this is related to my previous post - re. datetime formats - but on the same chart, if I try to access the data using the editor, I get a continual IE error - List Index Out of Bounds (-1). The only way out is to use task manager to abort.

The chart is type 6 - fastline. I've tried changing to line - type 0 - and get the same results - both the IE error and the datetimeformat problem.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:01 pm

Hi John,

there's a known problem related with this. The problem is trying to active the "Show Colors" in the Data Editor (clicking in the Show Colors button), it gives this error. We'll try to fix it for the next maintenance release.

JohnHorb

Post by JohnHorb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:15 pm

This MAY be the same problem, but I get the error as soon as I click the 'data' button, i.e. without pressing 'Show Colours'. The data is displayed behind the error box.

Is this error specific to V6? If so, do you have a date for a fix? I need to make a new release in a couple of weeks, and if I don't have a fix, I may need to go back to V5.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 am

Hi,
This MAY be the same problem, but I get the error as soon as I click the 'data' button, i.e. without pressing 'Show Colours'. The data is displayed behind the error box.
Yes, mayb you can post an example into the steema.public.attachments newsgroups with which I can reproduce the problem " as-is" here.
Is this error specific to V6? If so, do you have a date for a fix? I need to make a new release in a couple of weeks, and if I don't have a fix, I may need to go back to V5.
Yes, it only happens in v6. The next maintenance release v6.05 will be ready shortly ( a few weeks). We'll try to include a fix for it.

JohnHorb

Post by JohnHorb » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:38 am

I suspect the best way of demonstrating this problem, and the datetimeformat problem, would be for me to send you the generated .tee file, and the 'client-side' code which displays it.

However, I can't access your news server - presumably because of our internal firewall setup. Is there an e-mail address I can send it to, or a way of posting attachments through the web interface? (If not, I can e-mail to my home and post from there).

Regards

John

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:11 am

Hi John,

please, send it directly to my mail (pep@steema.com).

JohnHorb

Post by JohnHorb » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:31 pm

As an alternative to going back to V5 until this is fixed, is there a way to disable the 'data' tab in the editor? I don't want to disable the editor itself, as the facility to export to Excel (which works OK) is a requirement, but I could live without the 'data' tab - if the users want to look at the data, they can export to Excel and view it there, temporarily.

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:05 pm

Hi --
As an alternative to going back to V5 until this is fixed, is there a way to disable the 'data' tab in the editor? I don't want to disable the editor itself, as the facility to export to Excel (which works OK) is a requirement, but I could live without the 'data' tab - if the users want to look at the data, they can export to Excel and view it there, temporarily.
I believe this error has been fixed in AXv6.0.0.5, due out shortly.

If you simply want export facilities, try:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Export.ShowExport
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/