editor window problems

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
barb hamilton

editor window problems

Post by barb hamilton » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Hello,

I am using the most recent version of activeX tee chart and I am having a serious problem with the chart editor in both design and runt time:

Some features on the chart editor open dialog windows that are not sizeable and do not show the full contents of the window. For example, this happends with border, pen, tick dialogs.

Also, with the color picker (only in design time), when I try to open it when using any tab that it is present on, it is not visible anywhere at all. I have looked under other open apps and also tried to show in front from the task manager. Everything then freezes until I can close the color editor. However, because it is not visible at all, I have to do this from the "open" vb windows list on the windows task bar.

For me, this is a serious functionality problem with the component. Is this a known problem to you, Steema??? Other people: has anyone experienced this???? I noticed that someone asked a similar question a few quite a while back on the forum, but I didn't see any sort of resolution, and this question appeared to be asked before the most recent version was released.

Can anyone help? I would expect Steema peronell might be able to address this since it truly impairs the component functionality.

Thank you,

Barbara Hamilton
Best and/or Thanks,
Barbara Hamilton
Holbrook, MA USA

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:59 am

Hi Barbara,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue here. Could you please send us more detailed information or send us some screenshots so that we can reproduce the problem here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our uploads page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

barb hamilton

Post by barb hamilton » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:29 am

Narcis,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I have found, and would like to share with others, that the problem I had with the color editor not showing up anywhere seems to be due to the fact that I often work with multiple monitors and sometimes I just work with only one and just don't have the others connected at all. However, even thought they are not physically connected, when I right click on the desktop and go into properties, the attached toggle is still checked. When I unchecked it, this seemed to stop the color editor disappearance problem.

However, I have yet to solve the border editor problem where part of the contents aren't visible but the border editor form can't be resized. Is it possible that this is a control resize problem at certain resolutions? What resolution were you using when you could not recreate the border editor problem that I wrote about?

Thank you for any further advice.

Best,

Barbara
Best and/or Thanks,
Barbara Hamilton
Holbrook, MA USA

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 am

Hi Barbara,

I'm using 1280x1024 screen resolution and border editor's items are all visible in the dialog. Which resolution are you using?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum