Different number of data points

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
PaTech

Different number of data points

Post by PaTech » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi,
I am using teechart v6 activex. I have a chart with 5 series different series. The series are called Avg, Lane1Avg, Lane2Avg, Lane3Avg, and Lane4avg. The avg series takes the avg's from the other 4 series and creates one main average of all the lanes. The avg series has a data point every time their is a new record. Lane1Avg -Lane4Avg series's don't always contain data. At least one of the laneavg series will have data but the others could equal 0. However, what i am trying to do is graph all five series incrementally at the same time. When, i do need to ignore the laneavg series when they contain a zero. Basically, i just don't add them to the chart when one of their points equal zero. When, i get my overall chart with all five series i have non accurate data. The AVG series line looks good and it stretches all the way across my graph like it should with the correct data. The LineAvg Series's however don't work like that. I use date time values for my x axis for the graph and for all the series's. So they should all have have date/time in common. Do i need to have the same number of points on my graph for it to span correctly with my five series. Or should it work with the x axis date/time points that i already assigned to it.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:32 am

Hi,

why you dont use AddNull method when a values must be ignored ? This will keep all the Series with the same number of datapoints.

PaTech

Post by PaTech » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:34 am

Thanks,
I'll give that a try. I didn't know that it needed to be done that way.