Asp.net server side reference

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
PaTech

Asp.net server side reference

Post by PaTech » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Are there any examples or could you tell me how to refer to the TeeChart control from the server side code in an asp.net web form? I'm trying to fill the chart from an MS SQL Server table. Can I create a dataset server side and use it for the chart?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:41 am

Hi,
Are there any examples or could you tell me how to refer to the TeeChart control from the server side code in an asp.net web form?
It must be added as an OBJECT into the aspx page. You can see one example of this I posted some time ago into the news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup ( on 14th April 2005, with subject : "RE: Got serveral error msg with ASP.NET (ActiveX7.0) " ).
I'm trying to fill the chart from an MS SQL Server table. Can I create a dataset server side and use it for the chart?
Yes, you should be able to assign the dataset as DataSource like in the ADO example you can find at :
http://localhost/TeeChart7/ADOTeeChart7.asp
included with the TeeChart Pro installation.

PaTech

Post by PaTech » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:39 pm

I'm not sure what you're telling me about adding it as an object. As far as the HTML code is concerned the chart is being added in an object tag. However, when I try to refer to it from the server-side code in a aspx.vb codebehind page, it dosen't see it because it's a client-side activeX control.

I have something working from SQL Server using the Import.LoadFromURL() command going to an aspx page. However, what I still need to know how to do is send a datetime string entered into an asp Textbox to the .aspx page being called in the Import.LoadFromURL(). The datetime will determine what data is retrieved from the SQL Server table to be added to the chart.

Thanks,
Allen

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:51 pm

Hi Allen,

I'm sorry, I didn't put a correct answer, maybe I mix up with other. I've just post an asp.net example into the news://www.steema.com/steema.public.attachments newsgroup (with the same subject) which shows how to create the server object and send the results to the client.

Hope that it helps.

PaTech

Post by PaTech » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:13 pm

This is close to what I'm looking for except that I would like the actual live control to show in the web page so that the user can interact with it. The example that you posted only returns an image. Any other examples?

Thanks,
Allen

PaTech

Post by PaTech » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:16 pm

This is close to what I'm looking for except that I would like the actual live control to show in the web page so that the user can interact with it. The example that you posted only returns an image. Any other examples?

Thanks,
Allen

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:24 am

Hi Allen,
the example I posted shows both cases (referenced as an object of just showing an image). As you can see if you runt the example, the first Chart is returned as an image (png image), and the second Chart is a live Chart (which you can do a zoom, scroll, etc.. and interact with it)