Runtime error 216 with v7.0.0.5

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
DMC

Runtime error 216 with v7.0.0.5

Post by DMC » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:47 am

Hi,

We use teechart component for our .Net application. We have severals uses of the component. For one of them, we create a horizontal 100% staked bar and let the user see only a part (a horizontal band) of the component.

We use the tooltip tool on it.

With v7.0.0.4 it works perfectly. But with v7.0.0.5 it crash. Here is the screen capture :

So can you tell me what happened and how to correct this ?

Thanks in advance.
Fred CHASSAGNE.

PS : By the way, to write this post, I gone to teechart 7 feature demo. I opened : Chart Styles / Standard / Line and try to edit it. it didn't work. I see the editing window in taskbar but it is not window. It is reproductible (win XP sp2)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:06 am

Hi Fred,

I'm not able to reproduce it here using Win XP SP2, v7.0.0.5 and the features demo as you reported.

Could you please send us more detailed instructions on how to reproduce it or an example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can post your files at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url] newsgroup.

BTW: I'd could also send our latest TeeChart7.ocx v7.0.0.5 build so that you can test if it works at your end. Also notice that v7.0.0.6 is expected to be released before the end of this week.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

DMC

Post by DMC » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi Narcis,

Thanks for your answer.

With my OS, the teechart Edit button doesn't expose his window. I see it on taskbar but can't obtain the window (by click, tab, etc.) It is like editing option was minimized all the time.

I tried to reinstall it 2 times but with no change.

I will try again with the 7.0.0.6.