Add tool error

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Jack

Add tool error

Post by Jack » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:42 am

Hi,

I'm using a chart which contains data and some tools (9 colorbands and 3 -lines). Now when i add a new tool (via the editor) it gives me a warning (or error) : a component named TChartTool9 already exists.
If i change the order of the tools; move the colorline up to position 5 it complains that TChartTool5 already exist. If the editor is closed and opened again the last added tools are shown in the tools list.
Saving the chart and reopening it doesn't make the problem go away.

I guess something went wrong in the tools order, probably with the colorline tool (but what ?). I tried to reproduce the problem with a new chart but with no luck.

If you're interrested in this particular chart i could send it to you. Do you know a way to fix this problem ?

Greetings,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 am

Hi Jack,

I'm not able to reproduce this problem here using latest TeeChart Pro v7.0.0.5 ActiveX available at our Customer Download Area. Which TeeChart version are you using?

Would you also be so kind to send us the chart you mentioned? You can post it at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url] newsgroup.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Jack

Add tool error

Post by Jack » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi Narcis,

Well i couldn't reproduce the problem either. I did upload the chart (VCC 1.tee) on the newsgroup.

My TC version is the latetst, i believe 7.0.0.5.

Greetings,

Jack

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:05 am

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the file, I've been able to check this. However I'm afraid there's little we can do if we can not reproduce the problem here. In case you guess how to reproduce it with last version, please let us know the steps to do that.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum